One Night

In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He returned with a glass of water again and had the medicine in hand and held it in front of me. I didn’t want to take medicine but since they were smaller than the one Lay gave me, I grabbed for it. I popped it into my mouth and drank water.

“you should know better than to be out in monsoon season” he said in a tone of voice I’ve never heard from him before. It sounded like he was scolding me. It sound harsh and…mean. I scrunched my brows and stared at him feeling somewhat annoyed. I spit out the medicine and stood up quickly. “sorry! I won’t do it again next time! Geesh!” I angrily made my way to the door, he followed and snatched at my arm. “where you going??” he asked in that same tone. “back to my friends and far away from you!”

“it’s gonna storm soon!” he warned. “I’ll take that chance! It’s probably better in the storm than being here!” I walked towards the door and almost opened it. But he closed it. “your gonna get sick even more! Is that what you want??” He blocked the door with his body. I can’t get sick because I’m here for a dance competition and I can’t get sick because Lay needs me.

He was getting angry at me for some reason. And I don’t know why… He pulled me back to the kitchen and got me another pill from the bottle. “here, take this it’s a fever reducer”

I looked away and refused to take anything he gave me. “do you want me to feed it to you?” he asked in his normal tone. His sweet soothing tone. “aahhh” he said waiting for me to open my mouth. “I said aahh” he smiled. “aahh…” I slightly opened my mouth. “…screw you” I finished. I walked away to the door for about the 3rd time and he followed. “Lenaaa~” he whined. “stop and talk to me please” he suddenly begged.

“…what?...” I stopped and turned around. “…don’t go…” he slowly walked up to me. He grabbed my hands and smiled at me then closing the gap between us with a warm hug. “I missed you” he told me. He pushed my head so it would lean on his shoulder making us that much closer. Outside was getting darker and the wind wasn’t gonna stop anytime soon. “why were you being a earlier?” I asked trying to avoid telling him that I missed him too. Because I did.  “… I wanted you to hate me so you can forget me and so I could forget you”

He answered that a little too honestly didn’t he? “…I don’t want to hate you…and I don’t want to forget you either because… you gave me some of the most happiest times of my life before you came back to China.” I told him. “but if I have to in order for us to move on then… I guess I have to learn” I sniffled. Emotional moments make me cry and because I have a cold.

I made him let go and my phone was vibrating in my pocket. It was lay probably wondering where I am. “then s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter