Setting Up The Sail

In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Next day afternoon, Kai came in and talked to min oppa. We introduced him to the other boys and baekhyun didn’t seem too happy since he thinks we picked hiring more workers than giving him his raise. “play nice baekhyun” I whispered as I saw him glaring at kai. We were in the back of the group watching minseok oppa teaching kai how to operate the machines and things.

“what do you mean noona?” he tried to play innocent. “don’t give me that…I see you slicing him with your eyes.”

“is it obvious?” he said coolly. “too damn obvious if you ask me.” I giggled. “treat him like you treat the other boys here” I told him. “ohh… so you want me to treat him like my ?” he said jokingly. “…is that how you treat the other boys??... Baek, your not a nice person at all are you?”

“from time to time” he flicked his hair to the side. “such a diva, I swear!” I laughed getting the attention of chen, chanyeol, kai and minseok oppa. “…sorry…” I apologized lifting my hand. “I was just scolding baekhyun to be a better bus boy or else he’s gonna get fired.” I forcibly smiled as baekhyun just grinned and nodded. “please continue.”

Some customers came in so me and baekhyun went to take orders and things since we weren’t really needed there anyway. As I was cleaning the windows, my phone rang. It was mom. “hey mom, whats up?”

“lena?...” she always does this. Its MY phone number isn’t it? “yes mom?” I said waiting for her to talk. “are you at the café?” she asked. “yeah, whats up?”

“I’m on my way there, theres something I want to tell you that happened.” Again? Must be serious for her coming all the way here. “with dad too?” I asked.

“no, me and your sister” she told me. “don’t you guys work?” I asked confused looking at the time. It was about 5 almost 6pm. “we’ll be there in a bit” she told me then hung up completely hanging up. “what the hell?” I looked at my phone and placed it back in my pocket.

When they got there, we sat in a secluded part of the café. “what happened? why are you guys all here?” I said serving them drinks before sitting down. “you will never guess what just happened yesterday.” My sister said sipping on her drink. “what?...” I questioned.

“your aunt and uncle came to mom and dad and asked for money again” unni told me. “what?? Are you kidding me?? again?? Why? Whats the problem now??” I exploded. “they came over yesterday while your father and I was having lunch and asked to borrow about $4,000 to down payment a car.”

“are you kidding me?? don’t tell me you told them okay?” I shook my head in disapproval. “I didn’t, your dad said okay”

“what???! Seriously?? That cheapskate is actually gonna give them money again?? He didn’t even pay for my resort voucher by himse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter