Wu YiFan

In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Congratulations!!” my family yelled. My graduation ceremony just ended. “order whatever you want, its on your dad!” mom laughed. “don’t think I wont! I know how cheap dad is other days so im gonna take advantage of this moment!”

“Nana unni isn’t coming?” I asked looking around for her. “shes waiting for Sungmin to get off work and she said she’ll rush over here as soon as she can” Sungmin is my sisters boyfriend. Must be nice to have someone. “there she is!” mom pointed when she saw her. “hey punk! Congrats!” unni said giving me flowers. “eeehhh! I don’t want flowers! Where are my gifts??!”

“im not rich you know?” she sassed me. “no but you make enough. where??” I pouted holding out my hands to her. “ohh, sup bro!” I greeted her boyfriend. “where mah gift be?”

“I don’t have anything for you” he chuckled. “you came empty handed??... ugh, you should have just stayed home then!” Feeling a bit disappointed, I grabbed my menu and looked at it.

From my purse, my phone went off. I wonder who it could be.

From: Kris
Hey babe! I heard you graduated today!
Congrats!

To: Kris
whose your babe? Its certainly not me
and thank you

From: Kris
I heard you’re at my restaurant!
im on my way there now!

To: Kris
what?? Who said you can come??
im with my family!

From: Kris
Too late. Can’t turn back now

I read the last message and started to panic. My sister and parents don’t really know much about my life anymore since I moved out. Especially about my boy life. Dammit kris! You’re ruining the moment for me! I saw him walking in wearing a suit and freaken sneakers. That doesn’t go together! He’s a self-proclaimed fashionista. “…Excuse me” I said leaving the table. When I was far enough away from the table, I rushed towards him and grabbed him by his tie and pulled him around the corner.

“What the hell babe??” he said fixing his tie. “I cant believe you actually showed up.” I shook my head. “I believe I can. It is my restaurant” He arrogantly smiled. Yeah, he owns this restaurant. “fine, but don’t go to my table.” I told him. “Why? Don’t you think its time for your parents to know about us already?” he smirked quickly swiping my chin with his finger. “where is your family anyway?” he asked.

“over there by the waterfall wall” I pointed. “why?” He’s being extra weird right now. He walked over to the counter as I just stood by and watched. He whispered something to the manager and the manager just smiled and nodded. “What are you doing?” I asked as he was walking back towards me.

My eyes followed the manager and he was going towards my family. He told them something and my family got up and followed him. “where are they going?”

“shall we?” he stretched his hand forward. “Wait… what are you doing? Tell me.”

“I asked the manager if anyone reserved the VIP room. Since no one is in there, your family will be the one to occupy it now” He grinned. “why are you doing this to me?... you must hate me”

“why would I hate you? you’re my girlfriend!” I’m not his girlfriend. This guy is delusional. “Kris!” I whined. “okay okay, you’re not my girlfriend. But I would like you to be”

“why me? there are plenty of other girls who would love to be your girlfriend. Why?” I looked at him. “…because I have no one other than you” Oh damn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter