AC || Debut Photo Shoot

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author's Corner

This is a little forward in time for the “Behind the Mask” cast. Also, this chapter was written with showing that Passion, after growing apart, is slowly growing back together. There’s really no serious development in this chapter, so we wouldn’t be offended if you skip over it. Since the chapter where Zhen Ai gets this job was just recently uploaded, we figured now would be a good time to upload this one. 

xx MidNight Captures/Shadow Penman
 

 

Passion was crammed into a van, headed towards the photoshoot location early one morning. Reina sat up front, directing the driver who, apparently, was incapable of finding the location. Ji-su and Mikki had taken the single seats in the middle, passed out with their headphones on. Maria sat in the far left corner of the van, in the back with her phone in front of her, on the lowest brightness setting so she could text Youngjae without blinding herself.

Maria’s left hand was curled in Cora’s right hand, which was placed haphazardly on her lap. Cora was passed out, her head on MinHee’s right shoulder and her left arm looped through MinHee’s. MinHee had been relistening to their music, making sure the beats weren’t off, when she realized Cora was asleep. She looked over, noticed her hair and it’s ratty state, and carefully pushed it away from her face and behind her ears.

MinHee and Cora hadn’t been close lately. It wasn’t like they were fighting, or silently having a stand off. MinHee was just in a different place than Cora was. MinHee had her head in the game, forcing herself into her work as hard as she could. Cora didn’t seem to know what to do with herself. MinHee had a good relationship with Jackson, especially after he’d announced, on live television, that they were a couple. Cora and Mark weren’t in a good place at the moment.

But it seemed like Cora was finally giving up. She was done taking it in silence, aside from the fact that everyone could hear the fights through the walls and doors, and was turning to MinHee for help. The night before, Cora had asked what MinHee would do if she was trying to make up for something terrible, date wise. MinHee hoped that she was right, that Cora was finally turning to her again, instead of away from her.

The car stopped abruptly, sending Cora to swing forward, stopped only by her seat belt. She shot up, looking around sleepily, trying to gain awareness of the situation. MinHee smiled, turning to Maria, who was giggling silently as Cora looked around, looking only half conscious. “Cora, we still have a ways to go.” She patted her lap. “Lay down, okay?”

Cora nodded, laying on her friend’s lap. Maria pulled Cora’s legs up onto her lap, using her jacket to blanket her. “I’m sorry guys. I just haven’t been sleeping well.”

“It’s all the stress.”

“It’s all the fighting.”

Cora shrugged. “It’s probably both. But I can promise you things will get better. And soon.” She yawned. Almost immediately afterwards, she was asleep.

MinHee shook her head, smiling, as she moved Cora’s hair away from her face yet again. “You’d think she’d brush her hair a little better.”

“Or at all,” Maria commented, closing her phone. “She’s been so-”

“We’re here!” Reina announced, throwing open the van door.

MinHee frowned. “I guess I lied. Cora, let’s go get your hair done. Professionally, so it’s not…” She gestured to Cora’s hair’s current state. “Let’s get going.”

Cora sat up and sighed. “Okay.” She said blandly. She unbuckled herself and slid out of the van, stumbling towards the building. She pulled the hood of her sweatshirt over her head and yawned heavily.

She stopped and waited, surprisingly, for MinHee. When MinHee was close enough, Cora linked her arm with MinHee’s and the two walked towards the dressing room. “So what was the fight about last night?”

“Same thing it always is,” Cora yawned again, harder than before. “Us never having time to see one another, never being able to be at each other’s shoots and performances anymore. He was angry because I said I couldn’t make it, but you were able to go for Jackson.” MinHee winced. “I mean, I explained that I fell behind in rehearsals because I wasn’t feeling well, yet again, but that made him angrier. He said I’m not taking care of myself.”

“He’s right.”

“Regardless, it’s my business. I’m trying.” Cora sighed, moving to open the door and hold it for MinHee. “I mean, this whole quitting coffee business, helping with the choreography, creating raps and helping compose is getting to me. I’m not adjusting as well as I thought I would, and being crammed in the same room with you guys is hurting.”

MinHee nodded. “Cho Hee’s working on it.”

“Thankfully.” Cora laughed. “Anyways, I don’t want to talk about Mark. I get all depressed every time he comes up. What about you and Jackson?”

MinHee bit her lip, trying to fight a smile. “Oh, you know.”

“No, I don’t. You don’t

Please log in to read the full chapter