End with a New Beginning

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Cora half limped, half ran down the street towards the Guksu Bar, hoping they wouldn’t dock her for being late even though called her in on short notice. The streets weren’t very crowded, and she’d really started to wish she’d grabbed a cab, since it’d taken her twenty minutes to walk to the old apartment, and she still had a bit to go.

 

When she finally got to the store, she was entirely out of breath. She threw open the door and hurried inside towards the back, where the cooks were hard at work. “I’m here! I’m sorry that took forever.” She announced, reaching for a full body apron. “What do you need me to start with?” She asked, moving towards one of the other chefs.

 

“We’re low on wheat flour noodles.” He said, pointing towards one of the counters where they were already preparing the noodles. Cora nodded her head and hurried to the mound of putty-like flour. It wasn’t quite the consistency the noodles were used at, so she threw more water into the mix, pounding the mound repeatedly and spinning it one way.

 

It took Cora a long, hard hour to finish with perfecting the mound and stretching it out. She’d pulled and spun it until it was a mass amount of noodles and then moved them into the back, where the noodles were hung to dry. She sighed and walked back into the kitchen, only to find another mound of not-quite-right noodle putty. She looked around and both of the chefs ducked their heads, throwing themselves into preparing the food.

 

Cora began on these noodles too, until she spotted someone out of the corner of her eye, watching her. She stopped kneading the noodles and turned to find Haruto, leaning against the wall of the restaurant, glaring at her. She sighed audibly and put her hands on her hips. “Are you really going to start this early?”



 

MinHee and Ji-su sat on the floor of the studio while Reina explained to Mikki just how Cora and MinHee had planned the room out. “And here there’s going to be a mini fridge,”

 

“Sweet, practice snacks.” Ji-su whispered to MinHee, who laughed silently. “Hey, do you want to run down to that home improvement store to get some paint and mirrors and stuff?”
 

Reina came to a stop beside the two, Mikki directly behind her. “Do they sell floor to ceiling windows at home improvement stores?” She asked, turning to Mikki, who shrugged. “I’m sure they do those special order ones, but that means they won’t be here for like a week.”

 

“That’s fine.” MinHee signed, moving to stand from where she sat. “If I could just run and change really quick, we can head out.” The other girls told her they would wait, so she leapt up and hurried towards her room. She threw on a black and white striped sweater over her white cami with a pair of black jean shorts and reached for her pair of black combat boots. As she sat to put on her shoes, she thought about Cora, and work, and Haruto.

 

They’d just had that fight, all of which MinHee had heard through the walls, and she wasn’t sure it was safe to assume they wouldn’t be ripping at each other’s throats. She reached for her phone and hurriedly texted her, asking her if all was good at work, and knowing she wouldn’t text back, she continued putting on her shoes.

 

MinHee stood and walked into the living room, where the other three Passion dancers stood waiting for her. “Ready to go?” Mikki asked, and MinHee nodded. “Alright, I’ve the directions in case we get lost.” She said as Ji-su opened the door.



 

“Stop, just stop Haruto! I’m done letting you accuse me of doing these stupid things you made up in your head!” Cora shouted, starting towards the door of the back room, but Haruto caught her arm.

 

He spun her around to face him. “I’m not making it up! I know you were watching that stupid interview your boyfriend had, so you had to have seen how he ‘stood up’ for you! Everyone knows it now, Cora. And I don’t know-”

 

“Haruto, I never took you as a member of the GOT7 fandom.” She hissed, wrenching her arm from his grip. “I swear to god if you ever touch me again, you will not be breathing.” She said, pushing his chest hard so he stumbled away from her a few steps. “I haven’t ever cheated on you, I never planned on cheating on you, and I think you know that. But since you’re so insecure, I guess I should leave you to your delusions.” She threw open the back room door and strode into the restaurant.

 

But once again, Haruto grabbed her arm and spun her around. His hand connected with her cheek, sending a loud noise of skin connecting with skin through the restaurant. Cora’s jaw dropped and she reached to touch her cheek. She turned and stared at Haruto as his father, who had been in the kitchen hurried over.

 

“You two, back room, now!” He hissed.

 

Cora shook her head. “I’m sorry sir.” He started to tell her it was fine and to just move into the back r

Please log in to read the full chapter