Confirmed?

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

The cops came not long after the incident, and a case was opened and closed that day. The man in the car had been drinking, and hadn’t seen that there was a boy in the crosswalk, or that there was a red light. Cora hadn’t contained her anger for long, and the man walked away with only a black eye, which the cops over looked.

They all made their way back to Cora and MinHee’s apartment, Cora clutching one of Jack’s hands and Tabby gripping the other. When they got to the apartment, Cora immediately called Nick and relayed the days events to him. He was about to leave work, and promised he would race over to get the kids.

And he did. He was there shortly after, and the moment the kids were gone, Cora collapsed into Mark’s arms and hid her face in his chest. She wasn’t crying, but Mark comforted her anyways. She’d stayed like this, laying across him on the couch, for the better part of the day.

This left MinHee and Jackson to entertain themselves. MinHee had first started a show she thought everyone might like, but Mark and Cora were too busy with each other, and Jackson seemed entirely bored by it. So she handed him the remote, collected her things, and retreated to her room.

She began playing her piano. She’d been writing an arrangement for weeks now, and it was coming together nicely. She started playing a previous recording, which had been the beginning to the arrangement, and then moved to the drums, which had been set up in the corner by the windows. She started playing a riff, but didn’t like it and switch, and then she wasn’t sure about the one she’d been playing.

“I liked the first one.” The voice startled her, and she dropped her drumsticks in surprise. Jackson smiled and moved farther into the room. “Play it again.” He said, so she did, and he nodded his head. “The beat match up with the piano better. I mean, I think so.”

MinHee nodded and bit the inside of her lip. Her notebook was on the other side of the room. She moved to stand, and Jackson frowned. “I’m sorry I interrupted.” He said, starting to retreat towards the door, but MinHee shook her head. “It’s okay if I stay and listen?” He asked, and she nodded.

The door opened and Cora poked her head in. “Hey. It’s time for Mark and Jackson to head back to the dorms.” She looked to Jackson. “We’re going to walk you, okay?” He nodded and looked to MinHee, as if asking her if she was going to walk with them. 

 

“Thanks for inviting us out to lunch.” Cora said as Mark came to a stop out front of the dorm. She walked in front of him, still holding his hand, and smiled. “Sorry it was dramatic.”

Mark laughed. “You say it like it’s your fault.”

“It could have been. I mean, I demanded that we take the kids.”

Mark frowned. “Because I would have let you leave them home or something. Right, Cora.” He pulled her forward and planted a kiss on her nose. “I’ll see you later, okay?”

She stood on her toes and pressed a kiss to his lips. “Okay.”

Jackson, who’d been walking with his hands in his pockets, pulled a hand out and wrapped it around MinHee’s waist, pulling her into a sort of hug. “Thanks for worrying.” He muttered before moving to the door with Mark.

Cora turned around smiling, but her smile faded when she looked at MinHee. “Why do you look so surprised?” MinHee shook her head. She hadn’t realized she’d looked surprised at all. Maybe caught off guard, but she thought she’d handled her expression. “Okay. Well then,” Cora smiled again and started down the street. “I’ll figure it out in the near future, yes?” MinHee shrugged and Cora frowned. “Whatever, I didn’t want to know anyways.”

MinHee laughed. “Yes you did.”

“Don’t rub it in, you punk.” She crossed her arms over her chest as they waited for the crosswalk light to change. “What time do you get home from work tomorrow?”

MinHee frowned. “Around six, six thirty. Why?”

Cora grinned. “Well, depending on how tomorrow goes, Mark might be cooking us dinner.” She laughed and started across the street. “He doesn’t know yet, but he’ll figure it out tomorrow.”

“I don’t think it’s fair to force your boy-thing to make us dinner.” MinHee pointed out. Before Cora could ask, MinHee continued. “You said you guys weren’t a thing thing you were just a thing. Therefore, Mark is your

Please log in to read the full chapter