Jackson & Jackson

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Cora woke at the crack of dawn, already prepared to watch her brother and sister that day. She was supposed to meet Nick downstairs to drive and get the twins at exactly eight. It wasn’t even seven yet, and Cora was showered, dressed, had eaten, and was bouncing around the living room just waiting for it to be eight.

“You need to calm down.” Signed the yawning MinHee. She’d watched Cora bounce across the room four times in a row to check her phone for the time. Each time, it had only been a minute time difference. “It’ll be time to go soon enough. Why don’t you walk Ginger in the mean time?”

Cora shook her head. “Ginger and I aren’t on speaking terms.” MinHee eyed her suspiciously. “I kind of tossed her off the couch so Mark and I could snuggle. She’s been ticked off at me since last Monday.”

MinHee laughed and shook her head. “Maybe you should snuggle her instead of your not-boyfriend?”

“What? I wasn’t snuggling Jackson.” She joked, and MinHee frowned. “Whatever, I don’t snuggle her because she claws and bites me when I try to. She only like you and you know it.” Cora walked to MinHee’s side and lay down across her and the couch, her head resting in MinHee’s lap while MinHee read her book.

For the next hour, MinHee twirled Cora’s hair, and Cora humed aimlessly. Finally, Cora’s phone rang. She shot up, answered it, and turned to MinHee grinning. “I’m going to go pick up the twins now.”

“You do that.” MinHee laughed. “I’ll wait here.”

Cora nodded and leapt to her feet. She raced down to the street, where Nick’s car was parked. She dove into the passengers seat and smiled at her brother. “Let’s go!”

“You’re excited.” He said, laughing at her as she tried to buckle herself, and pulled away from the spot. The family house wasn’t too far of a drive. To pass the time, the two talked about how things were going, listened to music, or fought over who would win in a battle, a hobo with a double sided spear, or a ninja with no weapons.

They pulled up to the house and Cora leapt out of the car, too excited to wait for Nick. It was a modern house, but it was modeled to look like that of an older Korean residence. Nick led her towards the house, which had a wall and gate around it. He moved up to the gate and hit the intercom button Cora had overlooked before. “Hey Jin, open up it’s Nick.”

“Who’s the girl?” A voice asked, and the gates opened anyways. “New girlfriend?”

“She’s my sister you .” Nick rolled his eyes and walked up to the houses steps. “My mom can’t stand when dirt gets in the house.” Nick explained as he took off his shoes and left them beside the steps. Cora did the same, and then followed Nick up the wooden steps. They led to a relatively wide wooden porch, which housed the rice paper door. Cora half expected that when they walked through the doors there would be a table high enough for one to sit on the floor to reach, but she was wrong. The inside of the house was entirely modern and high end.

Just through the doors was a step, which led out of the foyer and into a sort of hallway. Sitting on the step was Jackson and Tabitha and two suitcases. “Nicky!” Tabitha sang, leaping to her feet and running to hug her brother.

Jack stood and moved to Cora’s side. “Want to see my room?” He asked, taking her hand and pulling her towards the hallway.

“That’s enough Jackson.” Came the voice of a female that made Cora feel very small and vulnerable. Jack released Cora’s hand and Cora turned to find a very tall, very thin Korean woman who looked as though she held all the power in the world. She wore a skirt suit that, even though the skirt reached the tops of her calves, somehow made her look more desirable. The suit was black, and the shirt she wore beneath was white, making her look very official. Her hands were on her hips, and her black hair was done in a bun. Her face was very young, and she looked sinisterly beautiful. “You must be Cora,” As she said this, she smiled, and all her features seemed to shift. She was beautiful, and Cora didn’t know what else to do, aside from stare at her and nod. “I’ve heard so much about you. Tabitha seems to look up to you immensely.” Cora looked to Tabitha, who hid behind her brother. “I’m Seohyun.”

Nick smiled and wrapped an arm around Tabitha, bringing her forward a little. “Cora has some great plans for the day.” He looked to Cora and winked. “Go on and tell her, sis.”

Cora swallowed. “Uhm,” She looked down at her feet and counted off her fingers, hoping not to forget anything. “Well, my roommate MinHee is going to tag along when I bring the kids to the indoor arcad

Please log in to read the full chapter