In Jinwoo's Care

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

MinHee and Jinwoo still lay in bed together when Bambam showed up. He was immediately smiles when he saw that MinHee was awake, and when Jinwoo moved to go to the bathroom, Bambam took his place.

 

“How long do you think it will take for your voice to start to come back?” He asked, and MinHee shrugged, offering him some of the cake that had come with her dinner. He took a small bite and smiled. “You’ve got to stop feeding me.”

 

Jinwoo, who now sat in the corner reading a magazine, scoffed. “She could be feeding me, but you stole my spot.” They all laughed and Jinwoo stood. “You should probably text Cora. She’d be losing her mind right now if it weren’t for the whole I’m-in-the-middle-of-a-concert thing.” MinHee nodded and took the phone that Jinwoo offered to her. She was quick to send a text to Cora telling her that everything was going good and she would be home Monday, since she had to stay Sunday fro observation, but on  Sunday she was going to Jinwoo’s for a bit. “So what now? Are you supposed to sleep here, or do they come in and take you out in the middle of the night and force you to do workouts?” As he said this, he put one hand on his hip and the other over his head and tilted to the side, as if he were working out.

 

“I don’t think they can do that.” Bambam announced. “And it’s unlikely MinHee would follow along. Too much hospital cake.” MinHee laughed, and surprisingly, it made a scratchy, breathy noise.

 

All movement in the room stopped. Jinwoo’s eyes widened and fell on MinHee, his mouth hanging open. Bambam turned to the side and stared at her, as if waiting to make sure it wasn’t a fluke, and it was just something like her phone buzzing. She herself couldn’t believe what had just happened. Her hands flew to and, before she could so much as try to say a word, she broke into a fit of muted coughs, so barely there it was like puffs of air being forced from a pump too quickly.

 

“Nurse!” Jinwoo screamed.

 

The nurse was in the room in an instant. She raced forward and pressed the help button on the side of the bed. MinHee’s face was turning red, and she was still coughing. She couldn’t breathe. The nurse tried to calm her, telling her to drink some of the water she’d handed her, but MinHee was coughing too hard to get the cup to her lips.

 

Four nurses bustled into the room just as MinHee finally got the water into . One of nurses rushed forward and grabbed a small orange bottle from beside the bed and pulled the top off. She fished out a pill and forced it past MinHee’s lips. She demanded she swallow.

 

All the while Bambam, who’d leapt off the bed the moment the fit started, and Jinwoo stood in horror watching as the nurses forced pills and water down MinHee’s throat. “Oh my god.” Bambam whispered. Jinwoo in a breath and held it. It wasn’t until the nurses were backing away from the bed a few minutes later that he released the breath.

 

The head nurse turned the them and sighed. “I told you not to get her riled up.” She hissed.

 

“We didn’t… she just… she laughed.” Bambam explained, watching MinHee, who was completely tuckered out, with hurt eyes and a fearful expression.

 

The nurse looked at him sympathetically. “Even the smallest whisper could ruin this for her. She needs to heal, and that is above all else. Please, please don’t do anything to make her laugh that hard again.” She and the nurses then found their way out.

 

“She didn’t even laugh hard.” Jinwoo grumbled, looking to MinHee, who was fighting to keep her eyes opened, and looked in complete and utter pain.

 

Bambam rushed to the side of the bed. “They didn’t give her anything to make her sleep, did they?” Jinwoo shrugged and walked to the other side of the bed. Bambam wrapped his fingers around MinHee’s. “God, I hope she’s okay.” Her fingers tightened, gripping his. “Should we stay here tonight?”

 

“You should probably get home. We don’t need your band getting curious. They’ve already questioned you leaving as is, and I don’t know what we’ll do if they get suspicious enough to follow you here.” Jinwoo reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. “Give me your number and I’ll call you if anything changes, okay?”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter