Renovating?

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Cora and MinHee had trudged home after the Arcade, MinHee still clutching the panda bear Jackson had won for her, and Cora practically skipped beside her. MinHee asked her if anything had happened, and Cora scowled, telling her that she needed to stop asking, because she and Mark were only friends, and she knew that. They got home and hurriedly the two got ready for bed.

 

MinHee had only just tossed her her panda onto her bed and changed into her pajamas when Cora knocked on her door. She moved across the room and pulled the door open. “I know you’re going to bed, but the home improvement store called, and they said that the mirrors will be here early tomorrow morning, and that if we’re willing to pay another hundred, they’ll deliver and install them for us.”

 

“Wow. That didn’t take long at all.” MinHee stared at her friend, surprised before continuing. “We could, but we’ve got school tomorrow. We’re not going to be here until later.”

 

Cora bit her bottom lip, crossed her arms behind her back, and crossed her legs, standing on the tips of her toes. “Maybe we could call Bambam and JB and ask them to house sit. Just so they can install the mirrors.” MinHee sighed and Cora continued. “Come on! Your brother just wants to be around, and to help you. This would mean the world to him!”

 

MinHee frowned. “It’s not him I’m worried about. If you call one of them, they all end up coming somehow.” Cora laughed, knowing MinHee would bend and tell her yes. It took her a few more minutes. “Fine, but you tell him that he can’t have a house party. We don’t need a town to watch people put mirrors in the studio.” Cora squealed and ran towards her room, pressing the phone that had been in her hand to her ear to tell the man she was willing to pay.

 

MinHee rolled her eyes and moved to her bed. The moment she turned out the light and put her head on the pillow, she’d fallen asleep.

 

The next morning, Cora had to shake her, hard, from her sleep. “You need to get ready! Hurry up.” She said, dragging the blankets off of her. “Your brother is here to house sit, and the installation workers will be here in an hour.”

 

MinHee opened her eyes to find Cora standing in front of her with her hands on her hips. MinHee moved her tired arms up so Cora could see her sign “But you aren’t even ready.”

 

“I’m going right now.” Cora laughed, turning and walking out of MinHee’s room. She moved swiftly into her room, which wasn’t a mess, like her room typically was, and hurried to her dresser. She grabbed a pair of black leggings, which she pulled on, and a billowing off white chiffon shirt. The sleeves, puffy and long, stopped at her elbows, and had a bow around her neck that dipped towards her chest. Before she could do her hair the buzz of the intercom interrupted her. She could hear the shower, so MinHee wouldn’t be answering it.

 

Cora skittered across the floor to the screen on the wall beside the door. She slammed on the button that allowed the feed of the image to spread across the screen. JB, Jackson, Mark and Bambam stood in front of the camera. JB had his hands in his pockets and was looking around, and the other three were behind him talking to each other. Cora smiled and pressed on the speaker button. “Ew, what the hell are you doing here?” She asked, and JB laughed, his white smile flashing.

 

Bambam’s head jerked to the side and he moved to the camera. “Cora noona! Hey, let us in!”

 

Cora pressed on the unlock button beside the intercom button, and all of the boys looked to the door. They disappeared from the screen and Cora stepped back, moving back to her room and pulling a brush through her hair. She was back at the door before the boys arrived. She opened it and peered out. They were making their way down the hall.

 

Leaving the door open, she moved into the kitchen. The boys entered the apartment as she began pouring herself coffee. “Can I get you anything?” She asked, pushing the pot back into the machine and moving to the fridge. She pulled out the creamer and made her coffee quickly. All of the boys shook their heads. “Okay, well after classes, MinHee and I are going to run to the grocery store and get some stuff for the house. We’ll be home after that. Don’t get in the way of the installation workers, and don’t do anything to get us in trouble.” Each of the boys nodded their heads. “If anyone calls the landline, ignore it, I have it forwarded to my cellphone but it still rings twice. If anyone stops by, just take a message or whatever.”

 

“Cora, we know how to house sit.” Jackson announced, grabbing her coffee and taking a long sip. Cora frowned and reached for a travel mug, declining when Jackson offered it back. “I can’t promise that I won’t leave a few pranks behind, but your house won’t be on fire when you get back.”

 

“Good.” Cora announced, fixing her new coffee as MinHee’s door opened and she walked out. She wore black high waisted shorts with a white crop top, and ignored the group entire as she moved to get her shoes. “You want some coffee, Minnie?” Cora asked, and MinHee nodded. Cora got busy making some for her friend. “I swear to god if we come home and the street is surrounded by fans, I will officially disown you.” Cora announced as she hurried across the room to the bathroom.

 

She was gone long enough to braid her hair and when she returned, Jackson and Bambam were already eating something. “We’re leaving now.” Cora announced, grabbing the travel mugs and slipping her feet into her black ballet slippers. MinHee was out of the apartment before her. “See you in a bit.”

 

“I thought I said no house parties.” MinHee signed as they walked down the hall.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter