Jams and Jia

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Cora slammed into the couch and let out a loud howl of pain. “Dammit Jackson!” She hissed, sitting up and putting a hand to her back.

Mark sighed and moved to sit beside Cora. “I told you not to play with him.” He said, lifting the back of Cora’s tank top. His fingers brushed her spine. “No cuts, maybe a bruise. I told you two not to rough house.”

Jackson frowned. “Sorry mom.” Mark threw a pillow at him. “Can we just start the movie? I’m bored.” He said, dropping down onto the couch with Cora. She punched his shoulder. “What are we watching anyways?”

“Night of the Living Sorority.” Nick answered, sitting on the floor in front of the others. He’d just laid Jackson and Tabitha down to sleep, and was looking pretty exhausted himself. “What a stupid movie title.”

Cora flicked the back of her brother’s head. “Where’s Jinwoo and MinHee?” She asked.

Nick shrugged so Cora looked to Minwoo, who was sitting beside Ji-su. The two were laughing about something on his phone. He looked up and shrugged. “I think MinHee is still changing.”

As he said this, the two walked into the room holding hands. Cora’s expression dropped, and Jackson sighed. “Took you long enough.” He said spitefully, handing Cora the remote.

The movie was started, and the lights were dimmed. Everyone settled in, growing quiet and staring at the screen in silence. There was a part where something jumped out at the screen, and Mikki screamed and leapt off the couch in surprise. Everyone made fun of her for the rest of the night.

For most of the movie, Cora watched MinHee snuggle up against Jinwoo. He’d his arm thrown around her, and she leaned against him the entire movie. She rolled her eyes and stopped watching them.

By the end of the terrible movie, everyone was ready for bed. Jinwoo and MinHee were the first to get up and start towards the stairs. “See you tomorrow.” Jinwoo declared, stopping and planting a kiss firmly on MinHee’s lips.

Cora bit back a gasp, as she watched in surprise. Jackson didn’t move. “Well, that just blew my theory right out of the water.” She muttered, standing and starting towards the stairs. She breezed past MinHee and Jinwoo without a word, and disappeared up the steps.

She walked straight to her room and flopped down on the right side of the bed, where the phone charger was plugged in. She pulled the blankets up over her, covering her head with them, and pulling the charging phone inside with her. She immediately texted Jackson and asked if he was okay. ‘I’ll live.’ She apologized, saying she was so sure it was nothing, and that she couldn’t believe it was really something. ‘I’m over it. Besides, it doesn’t matter.’ Cora sighed and shook her head.

The door to the room opened and closed, and Cora didn’t move. MinHee sat on the bed for a moment before sliding under the covers and turning off the lamp on her side of the bed. Cora didn’t even breath as she settled into the bed. After a few minutes, Cora placed the phone on the bedside table and stayed frozen. She couldn’t believe how angry she was. She didn’t even have a real reason to be angry! She was so sure that MinHee liked Jackson. She would have waged her life on it before this night. And she was positive MinHee was over Minwoo. Dating his brother was so not labeling her as over it.

Cora didn’t sleep that night. She was too busy thinking about aimless topics. 
 

It was the morning of the festival. Everyone was happy and buzzing with excitement, aside from Cora, who was falling asleep standing up, and Jackson, who was silent most of the day. Every now and then he would open a text on his phone, smile, type something, and then shut the phone off, growing stoic again. Cora eventually sent a text asking who he was texting. Being the sarcastic person he was, he told her he was talking to her, and offered no other answer.

“Do you guys want to head down to the beachfront and check out the stalls that they opened? They have a beautiful farmers market.” Cora offered, yawning.

Please log in to read the full chapter