Signing

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jackson and MinHee sat in the dining room finishing the ramen she had made. They’d been talking quietly, and MinHee had told him about the label news. That was when he got loud.

 

“Have you decided who you’re going to sign with?” He asked, having lost all interest in his ramen.

 

MinHee shook her head. “The girls and I still need to make a list of conditions or whatever, and then we meet with a group of them, and decide who makes the best offers.”

 

“You need to make sure they’ll take care of you though, MinHee. Make sure that you get a good income, and that you’re able to do things that you need to do when the time comes. Like if you guys are touring and your mother is on her death bed, you need to be able to go to see her, just in case something happens.” He said, fiddling with his spoon and the remains of his ramen. “I mean, we all kind of got lucky with JYP. We’re better off than most groups are.”

 

MinHee nodded. “It’s not like they’ll chain me up in their basement or anything, Jackson.”

 

“You never know, Minnie.” He said with a sigh. “Just don’t sell your soul if it isn’t worth it, okay?”

 

She nodded. “I’ve got it Jackson.”

 

He nodded in turn, and the two were silent. Slowly, he smiled. “So we’re going to be busy for a bit with the whole album debut, but I want you to know that when we get back, and are here for a solid week without too much work, I will be taking you on a date.”

 

MinHee smiled and looked down at her bowl. “Are you asking or telling me?”

 

“Telling you.” Jackson answered, standing. “I need to get going. I’m not even supposed to be here.”

 

MinHee nodded and stood, taking his bowl. “Alright. Be safe. Tell my brother the same.”

 

Jackson watched as she grabbed the bowl and, as she turned with both hands full, he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her towards him, kissing her on the forehead. “You be safe.” He said, before turning and moving out of the room and towards the door. 

MinHee was too stunned to move as she watched him pull on his shoes. The door opened and Cora scooted in, carrying Ginger, who didn’t look too happy with life. “Minnie, can you get the kitty treats? Grumpy over here isn’t having it.” She said, putting the cat down. Her eyes fell on Jackson as she moved to stand. “Oh, uh, hi Jackson.”

 

He smiled. “Hey Cora.”

 

“Are you leaving?” He nodded. “Oh. Okay. Uh, tell Mark I’ll call him later, okay?”

 

Jackson nodded. “I will.” He said, moving past her and out the door.

 

Cora immediately spun to face MinHee, eyes wide and jaw dropped. “You-”

 

“No!” MinHee sang, turning and hurrying into the kitchen, where she dropped the bowls in the sink and then turning towards the cabinet where they kept the cat food. “I know what you’re thinking and no, we weren’t doing anything. I fed him and we talked about the labels.”

 

Cora scoffed. “You would have never said anything if I didn’t come home and find him, would you have?”

 

“You would have never told me that you gave Mark a key if Jackson hadn’t used it to get in, would you have.”

 

“I see this can go both ways.” Cora said flatly. “I respect that, and choose to leave the situation alone.”

 

MinHee laughed loudly. “Awesome.”



 

MinHee was in a panic, standing on the other side of the conference room doors, but she wasn’t about to let it show.

Please log in to read the full chapter