First Impression

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

“What is this I see in the gossip columns today? Cora Matthews dating band member Mark Tuan?” Her mother asked, and Cora could hear her mother slapping down a magazine. “What the hell were you thinking, you foolish girl? We can’t be in the limelight any more than we already are!”

 

Cora bit down, hard, on the inside of her lip, not wanting to scream at her mother. Nick had talked her into forgiving her mother, into being far less ungrateful to her mother. Even if she was losing her temper at that moment, it wouldn’t be worth exploding over. “Mom, please hear me out-”

 

“You will come to the house for lunch tomorrow. You step father and I will be expecting you and your friend to arrive at about eleven thirty for our meal, and then we can discuss a few matters. Is that understood?” Her mother hissed.

 

Cora in a breath. “Don’t take offense, mother, but I need to ask Mark first.”

 

“And why is that?” Her mother shouted.

 

Cora opened her bedroom door. “Because he is in a band, mom, and it’s a job not a hobby. He might have rehearsal, and if that’s the case I’ll have to show up alone.” She frowned and looked to Mark and MinHee, who were sitting at the table in absolute silence. “Mark, would you be free for lunch tomorrow? My parents would like to meet you.” She said this in English, so both her mother and Mark would understand.

 

Mark looked surprised. “What time?”

 

“Eleven thirty.”

 

Mark bit his lip. “I’ll just have the guys cover for me for a bit. Should I come here and pick you up.”

 

“That won’t be necessary. Cora, tell that boy that we’re perfectly capable of employing a driver. Honestly, the cavemen you pick up child.” The line went dead.

 

Cora groaned. “Mark, my mother wants you to know that we have a driver, so don’t worry about it.” Mark nodded. “Minnie, will you please, please, please come with us?” MinHee looked to Mark, who looked blank, and nodded. “Thank god. You might ease the questions.”

 

MinHee nodded. She’d a session early the following morning, and would be home before eleven, so it seemed to work itself out. Mark shrugged and sat in one of the chairs. “Why so suddenly?”

 

“She saw the magazine article. She’s ticked because our family is apparently in the news enough as it is.” Mark looked confused. “The scandal with my stepfather just the other week. It’s still progressing.”

 

Mark grinned. “Shouldn’t you bring Jackson?”

 

“She asked for you in particular.” Cora groaned, walking to his side and sitting in the chair next to him.

 

He frowned. “Should I be scared?” Both MinHee and Cora nodded their heads. He sighed. “Wonderful.”



 

Cora and MinHee stood beside the door, waiting for the driver to show up, trying to decipher what Cora’s mother wanted to talk about. Cora had decided to wear Mark’s ‘Comme des down’ beanie again with a white racerback tanktop with black letters spelling ‘NOPE’, the N and O on top of the other two letters. She paired this with black jeans that were tighter than was probably appropriate to meet with her parents, and white Doc Martens. MinHee had dressed more appropriately, with a jean button up shirt with an olive cardigan over it, paired with black jeans and black leather booties.

 

The buzzer rang, and Cora immediately hit open. “I told Mark not to dress up.This way, when this thing goes to hell, we can make a run for it to the nearest frozen yogurt shop.” MinHee laughed and shook her head. “Can’t blame me for thinking ahead.” She threw open the door and stuck her head out. “What the hell are you wearing?” She asked.

 

MinHee laughed a little as she heard Mark answer. “Not a suit. You said no suits.”

 

“That’s pretty similar!” She groaned and moved back into the apartment as Mark walked in. He wore a white dress shirt, which wasn’t tucked in to his dark pants and had the top two buttons undone. The sleeves had been fashionably rolled up to his elbows, and he wore a watch. MinHee almost laughed again. “You look like a bachelor.”

 

Mark frowned. “I didn’t want to make a bad impression.”

Please log in to read the full chapter