Trouble Makers

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Blaze and Passion stood in the center of Cora and MinHee’s studio in a circle. Cora’s fist was closed around a handful of six straws. Each pair was to take one straw to decide who got to use the practice space first. “I still find it ridiculous. This should be between MinHee, Ryu, Jinwoo and I. It’s our apartment after all.”

 

MinHee frowned. “I already told you, Cora. We’re not going to be selfish.” She signed, but Cora looked away so she couldn’t see it. “We’ll go first.” MinHee signed, and stepped forward. Ryu was beside her as she pulled the straw from Cora’ hand. It was rather long.

 

Everyone pulled a straw, leaving Cora and Jinwoo with the shortest. “This is such crap!” Cora groaned. MinHee, who’d pulled the longest straw, laughed at her friend, who turned to Jinwoo. “So we’ll just practice tomorrow morning, since it’s already pretty late.” Jinwoo nodded in agreement.

 

MinHee turned to Ryu. “So we’ll practice here tonight-”

 

“And at the recreation center tomorrow.” Ryu smiled, and MinHee was a little surprised. “I’ve been picking up some sign language.”

 

“Cute.” Minwoo declared jealously. He was already shrugging on his jacket. “I’m just going to head down to the shopping center until it’s our turn.”

 

Cora made a disgusted face at him. “No one cares, Minwoo.” Jinwoo nudged Cora as a warning, and she turned around. “Anyways, I’m going out while you two practice.” She said, eyeing MinHee and Ryu, who nodded. “See you later.” She announced, bounding out of the studio and into her room. Her phone buzzed as she began to peel off her practice clothes.

 

It was a text from Mark. I’m almost positive you’re a girl now. Cora shook her head, texting back and asking if there was ever any doubt. I don’t know… stomping out necks seems like a manly thing to do. Cora laughed a little and told him she was manlier than he was, and could do it in pumps. I’d like to see you try. Cora didn’t text back.

 

She pulled on her white ruffled crop top, which showed all of her stomach and a pair of high rise shorts. Her phone buzzed again. Are you still practicing? Cora sent back no as she slipped on a pair of white TOMS. She slipped through the door to her room when he texted her again. Do you want to grab some dinner?


 

MinHee stopped, panting and shook her head. “What? Was that sloppy?” Ryu asked, lacing his hands behind his head and taking in deep breaths. They’d been practicing for hours, and as much as it made MinHee uncomfortable, she wished he could commit to the movements. He needed to harder, otherwise he looked like he was awkwardly shaking. “MinHee, I don’t really feel comfortable with it.” He said, as if he knew what she was thinking.

 

MinHee sighed and shook her head, trying to sign to him that she didn’t care, and he needed to commit to the moves, but he didn’t understand. An idea popped into her head, and she hurried from the studio. “MinHee? Where are you going?” Ryu asked, but MinHee didn’t stop to explain. She ran into the kitchen and searched the drawers until she found the dry erase marker. She hurried back to the studio with it in her hand.

 

She walked to the closest mirror and began to write on it, writing that it’s just a dance, and she didn’t feel uncomfortable so neither should he. Ryu sighed and nodded his head. She asked if he was okay, and he nodded again. She wrote asking if he wanted to try again. “Yes.” He said, walking to the speakers and clicking a few buttons.

 

As he did so, MinHee stood beside the window, looking out at the street below. The others had left a while before, Cora headed to find something to eat and the others going to shop together. She found it odd that Cora was going out alone. She stared across the way, at the building just across the street. It was an apartment building, much like the one she was in. “MinHee?” Ryu called, and MinHee turned around. “Are you ready to start?” He asked, and she nodded.

 

The song started and the two took their places. It didn’t take long for them to start dancing, really dancing, and Ryu didn’t take the easy way out on the movements. It was uncomfortable, but it was just a dance. By the end, the two were entirely out of breath and exhausted. “I need to sit down.” Ryu laughed. “Who would have known dancing with you was such a work out.”

 

MinHee silently laughed and walked with Ryu towards the mini fridge. She pulled out her phone and texted Ji-su that they were finished, if she and Minwoo wanted to come back to practice. Ryu handed MinHee a bottle of water and smile. “To tell you the truth, I’d rather thankful that I don’t have to dance to I Need a Girl. I really hate that song.” MinHee laughed and Ryu walked to where his jacket lay on the floor. “I’ll see you tomorrow, okay? So we can practice Wolf again before recording.” MinHee nodded and walked him to the door. “Good night MinHee.”

 

She signed good night and Ryu smiled again before leaving. MinHee decided that before she collapsed on her bed, she should text Cora and ask where she was and if she was okay. She did so quickly, and leapt into her bed. She was out the second her head touched the pillow.


 

Cora stood out front of the Galbi restaurant with her phone in one hand and the other fidgeted nervously at her side. Mark had asked her to meet him out front ten minutes before. It was just ten minutes, she kept telling herself. Besides, she shouldn’t be hurt if he didn’t show up. It wasn’t like it was a date. They were just getting something to eat together, was all.

 

She looked down at her phone again, hoping he’d texted her, even if it was just to say he wasn’t going to show up. Then she could stop standing out front of the restaurant like a dork. But a hand wrapped around her wrist and tugged her towards the restaurant, and she yelped in surprise. Mark stood in front of the door, holding it open. He laughed a little. “After you.” He said, winking at her.

 

Cora made a face and walked through the door, smiling to the hostess. Mark strode up beside her and told the woman it was just the two of them. She nodded and led them to one of the tables. She handed them each menus and disappeared without another word. “How’s your night been?” Mark asked, opening his menu and reading through the contents.

 

Cora sighed. “Uneventful. How was your outing?” She teased as she opened her menu and began to read.

 

“Surprising, actually.”

Please log in to read the full chapter