Minwoo

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

The interview was in a few days, and it was nearing finals for both Blaze and Passion. MinHee had asked to hold off all practices until they could finish their exams, meaning that there was going to be a binge upload of videos on the account, but it had to happen. MinHee knew she needed to ace these exams, and if Cora failed, her mother was going to cut her off and make her move back into the family house. These exams were important.

 

MinHee was sitting on the sectional, her laptop on her lab and thousands of papers scattered around when the door opened and Cora hobbed in, carrying a handful of different instrument cases. “Saxophone, violin, trumpet, piccolo and the damn french horn. And I swear to god, I’m going to kill Professor Kim if he really thinks throwing in a freaking banjo was a good idea. We’ll see how well this goes over.”

 

As she carefully and strategically placed each of the cases down, MinHee signed “I’m unsure as to what’s going on over there.”

 

Cora sighed and straightened. “Professor Kim saw on the account that we’re so instrumentally talented or whatever and challenged me to learn banjo, french horn and the freaking piano by the end of finals.”

 

MinHee smiled. “I can handle the piano part for you.” She said, winking and Cora signed thank you before hurrying into the kitchen. Cora didn’t focus so much on the paper based assignments as MinHee did, and Professor Kim had an especially challenging relationship with Cora. It made mid terms and finals entertaining.

 

MinHee turned back to her papers when Cora reappeared, a juice pouch in hand. MinHee wasn’t sure where she’d gotten that, but she didn’t ask. “Do you have shift today?” Cora asked, flopping down on the couch beside MinHee, who nodded. She looked over MinHee’s shoulder to see what she was writing and groaned. “Kill me now.”

 

“You haven’t even started on the paper final, have you?” MinHee asked, smiling and Cora kicked her legs repeatedly, whining and rolling onto her side. “You still have until the end of the week. And you’re not exactly busy right now.”

 

Cora made a face. “I am so busy! Don’t you see me, sitting here vegetating? It’s a very important process MinHee, and I’d appreciate it if you didn’t interrupt.”

 

MinHee shook her head, typing the last sentence to her conclusion on the assignment and closing her computer. “You have jazz in two hours. You’d better get your stuff ready.” MinHee warned, gathering her papers into a single pile and dropping them on top of her computer. “I’m going to go get ready for work, and I expect for you to be ready when I come back.” She said, poking her friend’s side. Cora whined and flopped around on the couch, muttering about the ability to stop time and get fat as MinHee moved off to the bathroom, shaking her head.

 

It had been a crazy busy week, when MinHee really looked at it the right way. All of her classes were stacked right on top of one another, even though typically they were spaced out, and Blaze really wanted to get together and do another group routine. She’d been cramming things into her schedule for a week now, and it was catching up.

 

She was quick to take a shower and change into her work uniform. Her hair was done in a sock bun, to keep it out of her face, and instead of wearing the black uniform pants the host always wore, MinHee wore a cute black bodycon skirt, paired with a white button up dress shirt, which was ed at the top. She didn’t bother throwing on her street shoes, but instead traded them in for a pair of black heels, which Cora had insisted she buy soles for, to keep her feet from hurting.

 

When she emerged from the bathroom, Cora, who had been changing the reed on her saxophone, looked up and gaped. “I’m sorry, where are you going again? Not the sports bar we work at, right?” She teased, sliding the piece of wood into piece and grabbing a folder of music. “Am I walking you to work?”

 

“In a few minutes.” MinHee signed, moving to sit on the couch. She grabbed her laptop and turned it on. “You should probably remember to grab your charger. Your phoned died last session, and I don’t want you to be without your child.” She said, pointing to the phone sitting on the couch.

 

Cora made a face. “I’m not that attached.” The phone chose that moment to buzz and Cora leapt forward to grab it, making a face at MinHee as she did so. “The person not the phone.” She warned, unlocking the phone.

 

MinHee laughed and shook her head, navigating to their Youtube page. Comments, likes and subscriptions had shot up since the week before. The fundraiser had really done them good in the end. MinHee noticed that even videos from three or four years before, when they were still in high school and it was just Cora, MinHee and Reina had gone up in views. It was a little unbelievable.

Please log in to read the full chapter