Summer Home

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mark walked the girls home, dropping them off at the door and then telling Cora that he would call her the following day during his break. The girls then hurried up to their apartment and, after eating a quick dinner, went to their separate rooms and went to sleep.

 

The following morning, MinHee woke up to the sound of genuine, heartfelt laughter and, surprisingly, upbeat German. She could hear Cora’s conversation through the thin doors of their shared walk in closet. Slowly, MinHee sat up, much to Ginger’s dismay. The cat had been laying on MinHee’s stomach, and hissed in annoyance when MinHee moved to stand. MinHee stopped long enough to collect the cat in her arms and then moved to the doors of the closet. She pulled them aside and stepped in.

 

The closet was wide, and held a large circular leather settee, which Cora had loved. The closet was, surprisingly, clean and contained. Various wooden structures had been installed that had spaces to hang clothes, as well as with drawers for things that weren’t for hanging. On one wall were shoes, on the other were clothes, and both walls were packed.

 

The doors that led to Cora’s room were opened, and Cora was sprawled across her bed, laughing into her phone. “Ja danke Smith. Könnten Sie bitte die Telefon passieren zu Mama?” She her side and spotted MinHee. She smiled and violently gestured for MinHee to join her. “Natürlich!” She said, before covering the phone with her hand. “Smith called this morning to ask if we still planned on going down for the festival this weekend. Do you have off?”

 

MinHee made a face and nodded, signing that she’d already asked, in advance, for time off. The two girls attended the Summer Moon Festival every summer. The town that Cora’s summer home was located in always threw a weekend festival for the first full moon after the official start of summer. It was just another day to party and have fun on the beach that was located all of three feet into the town.

 

“My mother apparently can’t make it, due to a business scheduling, and wanted to talk to me about having the house to ourselves for the weekend.” MinHee’s jaw dropped, and Cora giggled giddily. “I think apologizing really helped.”

 

MinHee nodded and signed that it was the right thing to do anyways. Cora bit her lip and then moved her hand from the phone. “Yes, good morning. How was your night?” She nodded and then rolled her eyes. “It’s okay. I mean, it’s the same every year.” She nodded again and shifted the phone to the other ear. “Yes. Yes, ma’am. Of course.” She look to MinHee and smiled. “Of course! I understand. The estate will be exactly the way it was left before we got there. I’ll give you the names of each and every person who will be staying with us. Thank you, thank you, thank you mother.” She ended the call, climbed to her feet, and started screaming and jumping up and down. MinHee joined her, and the two laughed and pushed each other around the bed until they were panting.

 

MinHee, who was now laying on her back, turning to Cora. “What did you mean give her the names of everyone staying?”

 

Cora grinned. “My mother was gracious enough to allow us to invite our friends. She said that included the dance group we’re so close to, and the band who seems to be, get this, ‘tailing us like lost puppies’. I think GOT7 might be growing on her.”

 

“You need to call and see if everyone is free this weekend, since it’s so short notice.” MinHee said, sitting up.

 

Cora nodded. “Right. I’ll call Nick and ask him to ask the boys, and Mark and ask him to ask those boys. Can you call Reina and ask her to ask the girls.”

 

MinHee laughed. “That was a lot of repetition.” Cora nodded and reached for her phone again. “I’ll get right on it.”



 

Cora had been running around the apartment all day, trying to make plans for the weekend. It seemed that everyone was coming. All the boys from Blaze had gotten their schedules shifted so they would have the weekend free, and Nick was bringing the twins. GOT7 had the weekend off, and each of the girls from Passion had changed their plans to join them. That meant a total of twenty one people.

 

The rooms were going to be occupied by two people each, since there were not twenty one rooms in the summer house. It was big, but it wasn’t that big. MinHee and Cora would room in Cora’s parents room, sharing the bed that could easily fit all of Passion. Reina was rooming with Ji-su, Mikki and Yuna were together, and Nick was going to be with the twins. Each person was sharing a bed. Cora had already had those plans okayed with the others. Ryu and Jr. were going to room together, Jinwoo and Minwoo were, of course, together. Jaehun and Hyo were roomed together. The rest of GOT7 had been paired with their roommates. It had taken Cora two seconds to make these plans.

 

She’s also called ahead to have the house stocked with enough food to feed an army, and had the pool water replaced with fresh, cleaned spring water, to keep from irritating Tabby and Jack with the chlorine.

 

“Wow,” MinHee signed after watching Cora make all of the plans. “Were you born to be some kind of Host Goddess?” Cora made a face and threw a pillow at MinHee. “Seriously, don’t you think you’re taking this a little too serious, for just one weekend?”

 

“No.” Cora answered simply. “I need to call Smith with the plans to pick us up. Passion is going to meet us here, and we’ll get picked up first. Then he’ll get Blaze, and then GOT7. That

Please log in to read the full chapter