The Performance

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

It didn't take long for JB to arrive at his destination, the Korea National University of Arts. It was the school that Min Hee, his little sister, attends. He continued to walk towards the building looking for his father, who said he’d be waiting in front.

"Jae Bum!" He heard his father call. JB turned to see a man in his late forties moving towards him. He smiled at his father, who in turn smiled back. "Glad you could make it,” He came to a stop beside his son. “Your sister will be so happy to see you. Now, why don’t we get in there? Her performance is about to start.” JB nodded and, as the two began to walk, his father strained to throw his arm over JB’s shoulder, which the two laughed at.

The two pushed their way into the crowded KNUA Hall and got into their seats as they watched the performers entering the stage. Tonight was JB's younger sister's orchestra concert, and he wanted to come and support her this time, as he knew the other times will interfere with his schedule. The orchestra players all went to their seats, and JB eyed the girl wearing the long dark blue dress. She wore her light brown hair in a beautiful updo with pieces framing her small face. JB’s eyes followed her as she made her way towards the grand piano.

"Since when did MinHee grow up?" JB asked his parents quietly, paying attention to his little sister as she smiled at the audience and sat down, waiting for the introduction to reach its end. It's been a while since JB had seen her, it was just like yesterday that his little sister was running around in a frilly dress and pigtails. But now, when she stands on that stage, all grown and beautiful, it takes a few seconds for JB to notice she was truly his sister.

"MinHee is still our little girl and will always be," His father said and ruffled JB's hair slightly. "Like you'll always be our little boy." JB groaned softly, upset that his hair is now ruined, as the entire hall filled with applause as the conductor walks across the stage.

The lights were now dimmed, drawing attention to the performers, who were now finishing tuning and prepping their instruments. The applause began to quieted down as the conductor raised his arms, gradually lowering them, cuing the music to begin.

Min Hee rested her fingers gently across the keys, beginning to play the soft tones, as her arms dances along with the movement of each note. She was lost in her own world as her fingers moved smoothly across each of the keys. Her eyes closed, smiling slightly as she enjoyed the music, and the whole crowd was mesmerized as she played along with the accompaniment of the strings.

JB read the program he had received the moment he entered the KNUA Hall. "Nocturnal op. 9 no. 2. in E flat minor." He read quietly to himself and listened attentively while MinHee played. Gradually they transitioned into the next songs.

 

 

At the GOT7 Dorm.

Youngjae was spread across the couch with his hat over his face taking a nap while the others were playing around with their phones. Bambam was on the verge to fall asleep on the ground, but kept himself awake by watching his group’s live performances on youtube, taking mental notes on how to improve himself. He got up and went to grab a glass of water, he placed his phone down to grab a glass of water,his fingers accidentally clicked on a video suggestion. “Ah..oops..” Bambam mumbled as the song was changed from an upbeat song a quiet introduction of the video. The moment he was going to go back to the previous video, but there was a girl with light brown hair who appeared in the corner of the video playing the guitar and right next to that there appeared a different girl with sandy blond hair playing the violin. The two sounds were again accompanied by a sound of the a  piano and drum, which the brown headed girl played on the controller pad.

“This song sounds pretty familiar.” Bambam thought and continued to listen to the two girls play. The song slowly progressed, becoming more and more prominent. Bambam gasped. “Playground!” He exclaimed, and the shout gave him the attention of Jackson, who looked Bambam over with mild annoyance. “Oh,” Bam Bam's voice came out still loud, and Youngjae hissed for him to quiet down. “Sorry.” He whispered.

“What have you found, dongsaeng?” Mark asked, and Jackson nodded. It was evident the two were just as tired as the half sleeping Youngjae.

Bambam held his phone out, the screen facing Mark and Jackson as he turned the volume up, allowing the song to echo into the living room where they sat. Jr., who still stared down at his phone, looked up in surprise as the song hit the chorus, and the instruments grew wider in variety. Harps, cellos, and the singing of the blonde haired girl. “Wow,” Jr. started, standing from where he sat and walking closer to Bambam, who cradled his phone protectively. “Who are they?”

“Youtubers.” Jackson stated obviously, to which Mark gave an easy smile and Youngjae, now waking, rolled his eyes.

Jr. reached out and took the phone from Bambam’s hands. “Someone get a laptop. We can search the song and hook it up to the TV.”

Each of the boys looked at one another until Mark rose and moved towards his room. Jackson moved to the side so Bambam could sit beside him, and Jr. went to work finding the necessary cords

Please log in to read the full chapter