Face to Face

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was nearing nine when the furniture movers showed up, and Cora showed the where the place the furniture while she moved the things they were throwing out out of the apartment. Reina had announced that she was going to run home and change into proper clothes, since she was wearing sweats and a tee and wanted to wear something presentable. MinHee was busy in the kitchen making food for when her brother and the band show up.

 

“And the table can just go right here for now.” Cora declared, as the men began bringing in the last of the furniture from the truck. They’d offered to help carry things back down to the trash for her, and she’s happily accepted. “You may want to start with the couch. It’s pretty light, really.”

 

One of the men laughed. “I’ll say.” He said, practically lifting it by himself. Cora stared at him in amazement. It was then she realized he wasn’t wearing the standard work boot, long sleeved shirt and jean combo most movers did. He donned a pair of leather pants, that had a silver chain hanging from the pocket, a white muscle tee and a pair of checkered vans.

 

Cora squinted, trying to make out who the person was. He turned, the couch on his shoulder, and smiled. “Jinwoo! What the hell are you doing moving my couch?”

 

“You needed the help, right?” He asked, walking out into the hall. Cora looked around and realized that the other members of Blaze were already inside of the apartment. Ryu and Nick were standing beside MinHee, playfully trying to get into her cooking, while Minwoo, Jaehun and Hyo shifted the sectional into place, where the other couch had been.

 

Cora gaped at them. “Uh, wow guys, thanks.” She stammered, moving to help them, but Hyo shooed her away.

 

“We’ve got this. Go help MinHee cook.” He said, smiling. Cora was pretty sure it was the first time she’d ever seen him smile. “Besides, we need somewhere to sit. It’s really just helping ourselves.” Jaehun and Minwoo agreed.

 

Cora’s shoulders dropped. “Oh, wow. Okay. Uhm.” She turned and hurried into the kitchen. Nick was laughing and flicking one of the half cooked noodles at Ryu, who swatted it just in time to send it flying into MinHee’s face. She leapt backwards. “Let’s not antagonize the cook.” Cora demanded.

 

The buzzer on the door sounded and Cora sighed. “I’ve got it!” Minwoo declared, racing towards the screen. Cora shrugged and leapt up onto the counter, crossing her legs at the ankles and watching as MinHee moved to try cooking again, but Nick bumped her out of the way with his hip and began stirring the noodles himself.

 

“Cora!” Echoed through the apartment. It wasn’t Minwoo, or any of Blaze for that matter. And the movers didn’t know her name. “It’s raining! Let us in!” Cora’s face fell. She leapt off the counter and raced to the intercom. MinHee watched nervously from the kitchen. Minwoo stared at Cora, confused, and she slammed the unlock button. The GOT7 boys, who had filled the screen moments before, disappeared and Cora turned to Minwoo.

 

“So…” She started, biting her bottom lip. “I invited a few friends over.” She smiled weakly and Minwoo frowned. “I’d appreciate it if you guys were civil.”

 

Jaehun laughed. “Civil? What the hell else are we supposed to be when idols come strolling into your dance partner’s house?”


 

Reina threw open the door to the apartment and stepped out into the hall. “I will!” She shouted over her shoulder to her mother, who had asked her to bring home some eggs from the store. She wasn’t paying enough attention and ran straight into someone, knocking herself to the ground. “Oh! I’m so sorry!” She declared, pushing her hair out of her face and looking up.

 

There before her stood Im Jae Bum, tall and handsome, staring down at her. He reached for her head, but she’d frozen and couldn’t move. “Are you alright?” He asked, grabbing her hand anyway and pulling her to her feet. “I’m so sorry. I wasn’t really paying attention.”

 

Reina stared at him in shock. She was glad she’d changed from her sweatpants into a skirt, otherwise she was sure he’d think she was a bum. “I, uh-”

 

“You look familiar.” He started, and Reina could feel a blush spreading across her cheeks. He stared at her for a moment, really trying to recognize her face before snapping his fingers and smiling. “I got it! You’re one of the dancers for MinHee and Cora’s crew. Reina, right?” He knew her name. She hadn’t said a word to him, and he already knew her name. All she could do was nod. “I’m headed over there now. Are you as well?” She nodded, and he smiled. “Then I’ll walk with you.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter