Mark's Advice

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jia leaned forward and knocked on the back door. “I wonder if they can hear.” She muttered to herself.

Jackson strode forward and pulled the door open. “Wouldn’t matter.” He said, stepping into the house. Cora had asked him to invite Jia over so they could go to the festival later that night together. Jia had instantly accepted, giddily dragging Jackson back to her mother’s house to get her bathing suit and a change of clothes before they headed back to Cora’s summer house.

“You guys made it!” Cora exclaimed, moving from the kitchen into the den, where Jia and Jackson now stood.

Jia smiled. “Of course!” She turned to Jackson and smiled. “Are you guys heading back down soon or…”

“Well, I’d like to wait until MinHee wakes up. She wasn’t feeling well, and I want her to come to the festival with us.” Cora explained as she pulled Mark’s jacket over her shoulders and zipped up the front. “But I think that I’ll just have Jinwoo text us when she wakes up and I’ll tell him where we are, so they can meet us down there.”

Jackson frowned. “Are you sure? This festival is kind of a you and MinHee thing.”

“She won’t mind. I mean, there’s still a few hours until the actual festivities start.” She turned to Mark and took his hand. “Do you want to head down now?” 
 

Jinwoo sat beside MinHee, who lay in her bed with her arm over her eyes. He’d brought her water and aspirin in hopes of helping her feel better, but she refused to take the medicine. “Are you feeling any better?” He asked, watching the sun drop down into the horizon through the opened window.

MinHee shrugged. “Better.” She whispered. Jinwoo moved to tell her not to talk, that he didn’t want her to strain her voice, but she shook her head. “Have to.”

Jinwoo sighed. “Yeah, I know but it still worries me.” She nodded and the two were silent for a minute. “Do you want to head back down to the pier with the others? The festivities are starting.” MinHee sighed and sat up, nodding her head. “I can piggyback you down there.” MinHee nodded and Jinwoo crouched beside the bed.

MinHee slid onto his back and, as he stood and started to walk, fixed her hair into a ponytail. “Are you wearing a bathing suit?” He asked, and she nodded. She hadn’t wore real under garments that entire weekend. They were either in the pool or on the beach, so she’d been wearing a bathing suit since the start of the morning. “Great. I’ll text them to meet us at the beach.”

It took no time at all for them to reach the beach, and Jinwoo set MinHee down in the sand long enough to shed his shirt and throw it aside. “I’m going to a swim. Wanna come?” She shook her head, so he ran forward and dove head first into the water.

MinHee sat for a few moment in silence, staring at the water which was glittering under the sinking sun, and thought about anything that came to mind. Pondering the meaning of life wasn’t something MinHee was fond of, but it seemed like the right time to do so. Was it ridiculous for her to question if Jackson were seeing Jia, even after she’d given him the cold shoulder for so long?

“Are you feeling any better?” Cora asked, dropping into the sand beside MinHee. MinHee folded her arms over her knees and nodded. “I’m glad! The festival would have without you.” MinHee nodded and sighed, watching as Jackson chased Jia towards the water. She threw up her hands and tried to shy away from the water, but Jackson grabbed her by the waist and tossed her in, diving after her. “Where’s Jinwoo?”

MinHee pointed towards the water, where Jinwoo had just emerged and was shouting at Mark, who was nearing the water. Jia pushed away from Jackson and ran towards Cora and MinHee. “My god, he’s an animal.” She laughed, crashing into the sand beside the two and smiling at MinHee. “I’m glad you’re feeling better.” MinHee nodded and looked to the side. 
 

“So it looks like the summer house has caused everyone to couple up.” Mark declared, throwing the football he’d brought at Jackson, who caught it and tossed back. “MinHee and Jinwoo,” Jackson rolled his eyes and caught the ball. “Nick and Mikki, you and Jia-”

“We aren’t dating.” Jackson said flatly, throwing the ball. “Jia and I are friends. She’s cute, but no.” Mark raised an eyebrow. “I’m serious.”

Mark nodded and caught the ball. “So then what is up with you lately?” Jackson didn’t answer. “I mean, you’ve been pretty out of it lately. All broodish and serious. What’s going on man?”

Please log in to read the full chapter