Surprise

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Cora and MinHee stood in the kitchen of the Guksu Bar discussing whether or not they would have time to go out after work without jeopardizing their practice the next morning. Their conversation was interrupted by Haruto’s father storming in, his cell phone clutched in one hand. “Girls, I’d hate to bother you during work hours,” He said this sarcastically. “But there was an accident and my mother in law is in the hospital. We need to close early tonight. I need you two to lock up.” He reached into his pockets and fished out the keys, which he threw to Cora. “I expect that you’ll give those to Haruto tonight.”

 

“Yes sir.” Cora sputtered as their boss hurried out of the shop, throwing a good bye over his shoulder. Cora turned to MinHee and smiled. “Guess we can go out.” She signed, and MinHee grinned. “Let’s hurry.” She declared, hurriedly running into the table filled restaurant, where she flipped each and every single chair on top of a table.

 

MinHee was quick to clean the kitchen, putting extra food into containers and wiping down counters. She finished the dishes just as Cora clocked them out and grabbed their bags. “Where are we headed?” MinHee asked, and Cora shrugged.

 

“We could head over to COEX mall.” Cora offered and MinHee shrugged. “I’ll pay for the fair.” MinHee nodded and Cora handed her bag to her. They were quick to get out of the shop, MinHee shutting off the lights and Cora stopping to lock the doors. There was a subway about a half block away. “I need to run to the-”

 

MinHee cut her off. “We need to get you a new pair of dance shoes. I saw how your shoe folded while you were doing the N.O. cover. I don’t want you to break your ankle.” MinHee urged her.

 

“I, uh, suppose that’s a good idea.” Cora sighed and grabbed her friends arm, pulling her towards the subway station. They were quick to get through the turnstiles and down to the boarding platform just as the subway pulled up. “What luck!” Cora joked, hurrying onto the subway.

 

There was a seat in the far corner of the cart, which Cora threw herself at. The man who had been preparing to take the seat gave her a disgusted look, which she threatened with a simple “I don’t think you want to die tonight.” He was gone in an instant.

 

“That was a lot of work for a seat, Cora.” MinHee signed, shaking her head as she moved to her friend’s side.

 

Cora stood and pushed MinHee into the chair. “I save it for you. You were on your feet all day, and I know how bad your heels had been hurting you lately.” MinHee didn’t say anything. “Remind me, I need to get a pumice stone for the bathroom. It should help your feet.”

 

“Thanks.” MinHee signed, putting her bag on her lap and smiling at her friend. 

 

 

MinHee and Cora stood in front of the dressing room with arms full of clothes. The clerk gave them a strange look, and Cora ignored her as she pushed her way into the changing rooms and threw open a door. “We’re going to share!” She screamed at the clerk, and pushed MinHee into the room with a grin. “Did you just see her face?”

 

MinHee dropped her clothes and signed at her friend in a jokingly angry manner. “That was totally unnecessary.” She shook her head as Cora sorted through her clothes, separating them by what type of article they were, jeans or shorts, shirts or tanks, and whether or not they were going to match. “I mean, I’m sure that woman thinks we’re being inappropriate in here.”

 

“Should I moan?” Cora spoke these words and she shimmied out of her jeans. She let out a loud grunt and MinHee punched her in the gut, which didn’t help the noise situation. “Okay, point made. Geez!” She kicked her jeans across the dressing room. “What are you going to try first?”

 

MinHee held up a black sweater with white stars and a white bottom, which she pair with jean shorts.. Cora nodded in approval as she pulled a pair of black harem pants, which she intended for practice, pair with a white crop top. MinHee shrugged, telling her it would be good for practice but she wasn’t allowed to wear it out on the streets. “I don’t know about the shorts.” MinHee signed, and Cora shook her head.

 

“I like it!” She declared, pointing to harem pants. “I’m sure if you got a pair of these, Jackson would marry you. Did you see what he wore into the store today?”

 

MinHee frowned. “Let’s not talk about him, or my brother, or any of them for that matter.” Cora smiled and agreed as she moved to change her outfit. “I would like to know, however, what you were talking to Mark about.”

 

“Uh, I don’t think so. You said no boy talk.” Cora declared, pulling on a pair of shorts. 

 

MinHee smiled. “I didn’t say no boy talk. Just the kind that involves my brother and his band.” She sighed and started pulling on another outfit. She stopped. “What about Haruto? How’s that going?”

 

Cora rolled her eyes. “If he wasn’t the boss’s son, he would be single.” She groaned, throwing her shirt onto the bench in the corner of the stall. “I mean, last night he called me all night because I wouldn’t pick up, and when I did he was angry because I wasn’t at the apartment, which he knew because he didn’t see me in my window.” She gave MinHee an annoyed look. “I hate relationships.”

 

MinHee knew the feeling. At the end of her eighth grade year, she met a guy. They dated for two years, and MinHee

Please log in to read the full chapter