Surgery

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Cora woke to the cat meowing and clawing at her door. Ginger never slept with Cora, nor did Ginger ever want to be in Cora’s room, unless MinHee wasn’t home. Confused, Cora moved off her bed and walked to the door. Sure enough, Ginger lay in a ball at the foot of her door. Cora leaned over and picked the cat up, but she continued to meow, distressed. “Where’s MinHee baby?” She asked, rubbing the cat’s chest.

 

She moved to MinHee’s room and opened the door. Her bed was made, and it looked as if no one had slept in it recently. A little concerned, Cora turned and hurried to the studio, carrying the cat with one arm. Ginger’s legs dangled beneath her, but she didn’t fight Cora to get away. Cora threw open the studio door and stalked inside. MinHee was no where in sight.

 

But black letters scrawled across the mirrors, all in various languages. Cora dropped the cat and took a step closer. Four different languages. One was in English, and was addressed to Cora and Mark. Another was Korean, and was addressed to Yugyeom, Jr. and Youngjae. Beside those were two languages Cora wasn’t familiar with. She turned to the one labeled for her. Two different paragraphs. The top was addressed Cora. She sighed. I’m off to Hong Kong today, and I was sure you’d forget and have a freak out. Cora laughed. She was right. I should be back Sunday night or Monday morning. I’ll text you when I’m on my way back. Be good, and don’t go attacking people while I’m not there to bail you out of jail.

 

Cora sighed and back tracked to her room. She grabbed her phone and, as she called Mark, pulled on a pair of pants. He answered quickly. “Do you want to come over today?”

 

“Of course.” He sounded unsure. “Is something wrong?”

 

“Not necessarily. Will you bring the others? MinHee left for Hong Kong this morning and she left notes in different languages on the mirrors. I want to make sure they read them, and junk.”

 

Mark sighed and Cora could hear him shifting around. “Yeah. I’ll be there in an hour.”

 

“Were you asleep?” Cora demanded.

 

“Good bye Cora.”

 

The line went dead and she frowned. If he’d been sleeping, he’d be in a horrendous mood when he got to her apartment. She sighed and sat on the edge of her bed. Why had MinHee left her notes in different languages? It made a little bit of sense, wanting them to be personal and all. But why didn’t she just leave one for Cora, to make sure she remembered?

 

She hadn’t gone to Hong Kong, had she?



 

GOT7 all stood in the studio, looking over their notes left by MinHee. Jackson and JB’s had been left in Mandarin, which MinHee had done because she and JB were learning the language together before he’d started touring again. Bambam’s was left in Thai. Everyone else occasionally laughed at theirs, but Bambam stared at his long and hard, trying to make sense of what he’d read.

 

Bambam. It had started. I didn’t go to Hong Kong. I made the decision to get a surgery that will, hopefully, fix my vocal cords. Please don’t tell the others. You are one of the only two people who know, and I told you because I trust you so much. I know you’ll keep it a secret. And I left this for you because I had to make sure someone knew what was taking place. I couldn’t keep it a secret, so I decided to only tell one person. You. Please Bambam, keep this secret between you and I. I’ll be back on Monday. She hadn’t told Cora, quite obviously. Cora still thought she was in Hong Kong. It made Bambam feel gross to know that he was one of the only people to know what was happening.

 

JB laughed loudly. “That was sweet of her, to leave those messages.” He said, walking to the mini fridge and grabbing himself a water. “I hope she does well in Hong Kong.”

 

Bambam took a step back. “I, uh, will be back. I need to run and… take care of some things.” He declared, and before any of the others could stop him, and took off out of the apartment.

 

He was going to find her. And he was going to be there when she came out of the surgery.



 

“I wonder what crawled up and bit him.” Youngjae declared, as the group sat on Cora’s sectional and the television. “He looked kind of disturbed.”

 

Cora sighed and nodded. “Yeah, but what do you expect. I get the feeling MinHee declared her undying love for Bambam, and he’s run to tell her he feels the same.” She joked, but she could see Jackson tense from across the room. “Anyways, what do you guys want to do today?”

Please log in to read the full chapter