AC || Celebration

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Loud music, sweating bodies, and fighting was not what MinHee had had in mind when she thought of a celebration for the boys’ new album release, and the new roles she and Cora had landed, but Jackson had somehow persuaded her into joining them at a club that weekend. It was, of course, an alcohol free zone for MinHee, who was underaged, but she’d already had two drinks spilled on her, and she was beginning to get annoyed.

 

“Hey,” Jackson’s voice sounded over the blaring music. “Let’s go dance,” His hand s out for hers, and he pulled her away from where she’d been sitting with her friends. Quickly, he pulled her towards the dance floor.

 

MinHee offered a slight smile and Jackson spun her, and then pulled her to him. “Are you having fun?” He asked suddenly. MinHee frowned and shrugged her shoulders. “Oh come on! We’re supposed to be celebrating! And you’re the only one being a sour puss.”

 

MinHee laughed. “I doubt Cora’s-” Jackson pointed over MinHee’s shoulder and she turned to see Cora and Yugyeom doing some kind of dance that MinHee couldn’t give a name, but Cora was laughing ridiculously and Yugyeom was shaking his head at her. “Okay,” MinHee said, laughing and turning back to Jackson. “But Mark-” Another point across the room.

 

Mark had, in fact, been dancing with a girl on the other side of the space. She was wrapped around him, but he didn’t seem to mind. “Wow,” MinHee said, looking back to Jackson. “Im serious though, I’m not the only one not enjoying themselves.”

 

Jackson raised and eyebrow and grinned. “Mikki and Nick just excused themselves to be alone, Ji-Su and Bambam were just over by the DJ booth, Reina, JB, Youngjae and Jr. were in the middle of some kind of drinking game, using what looked similar to apple juice,” MinHee almost laughed at this. “And so that leaves you. So let’s dance.”

 

MinHee frowned but threw her arms around his neck. “You did great the other night,” She said, winking at Jackson. “And the new album sounds awesome.”

 

Jackson nodded. “Thanks, but the album isn’t really what I wanted to talk about.” MinHee nodded and looked down at her feet as she and Jackson danced in silence. “Do we have to be here?” She asked quietly. Jackson smirked and shook his head. “I mean… anywhere else would be awesome but… not here.”

 

“What’s wrong with here?”

 

MinHee took a step back and looked around. “It’s so loud, and it’s hot and sweaty, and I don’t like this stupid music-”

 

Jackson pressed his lips to hers and knotted his fingers with hers. Pulling back, he smiled and said “I’ve been waiting for you to say something.” MinHee looked up at him in surprise. “Yeah, I knew you’d hate it. But I didn’t think it would take this long for you to ask to leave.”

 

“You’re a jerk,” She said, smiling as he pulled her away from the dance floor and towards the door.



 

Cora took a step away from Yugyeom and shook her head, still laughing. “I think I need to sit down for a minute.” She said, pulling her hands from his.

 

He pouted. “Oh come on! This is my songCora!” He did what could only be described as a body wiggle, and then posed. “Dance with me,” He said, flicking the fake hair away from his shoulder.

 

Cora laughed. “I’m serious! I’m going to pass out if I stand for any longer.” Yugyeom groaned. “But I’ll be back, after I get some water.” She turned away from Yugyeom, who continued to dance as she left, and started towards the bar.

 

Mark was leaning towards the bar, looking at the selection of drinks, and sighed. “I don’t know, give me whatever you’ve got.” He said, defeated.

 

“Make that two,” Cora said, leaping onto the seat Mark stood beside. The bartender looked towards Cora, winked and said a simple ‘You got it’ before turning to make their drinks. “Hey,” She said, smiling.

 

Mark’s face became impassive. “Hey.”

 

“So,” Cora said, swiveling a little on her chair. “A new album huh?” Mark nodded. “And you didn’t do any tricks for the showcase.” He nodded again. Cora sighed. “Look, I really need to talk to you.”

 

Mark sighed. “Can we not?”

 

“No, we have to,” She said, grabbing his shoulder and turning him to face her. “I’ve been an idiot, and a complete and total jerk to you. When we were together, I treated you like you were second best, and I really screwed that up.” He moved to leave. “But that’s not all,” She shouted after him, and he turned back to face her, annoyance clear on his face. “I used you to make my parents angry, and I totally dragged you around in front of my friends like some object. You cared about me, and I took it for granted. I mean, I really did care about you, but I was a jerk regardless. And I don’t deserve to be forgiven, but I wanted to say I’m sorry.”

 

Mark raised an eyebrow. “You what?”
 

“I wanted to say I’m sorry,” She repeated, swallowing even though and mouth were drier than a desert. It was hard for her to say. She knew she’d done wrong, she’d known it all along. And after what had happened on Halloween, she knew she needed to say something. So she was going to say it. “You’re great, and I’m an .” Now his face twisted in complete amazement, and his jaw dropped a little. “After what you did for me, all those times but especially after Halloween, I knew I needed to tell you that I’m an , because you were perfect and I wasn’t, and then I blamed you for what I did.” She bit her lip and looked down at her legs. “Don’t forgive me. I don’t want you to forgive me, but I want you to know that I regret everything. And that you deserved better. That you stilldeserve better.” She looked over his shoulder and pointed towards the corner of the club, where the cute girl he’d been dancing with was snickering with her friends, and looking towards him. “She’s cute, and definitely your type. I’d say go for it. But it seems like her friends are her biggest critics, so be sure to keep that

Please log in to read the full chapter