Too Much To Handle

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

All of the boys sat in the living room, surrounding the television as the program started. It opened to dozens of girls in thin fabric dresses posing in place as the music started. It was rather quiet as the girls began to twirl and spin on the very tips of their toes.

 

“I think I see MinHee.” Bambam declared, skittering across the floor and pointing at the screen where he thought he saw JB’s sister. “Look! It’s definitely her.” He declared, turning to the others, who shrugged and continued to watch.

 

Yugyeom sunk lower into the couch with a small sigh. “Did you order the flowers for MinHee?”

 

JB scowled. “Yes.” He said sharply. He’d ordered the largest bouquet he could find. He’d sent dozens of bouquets and had Cora stand by to place them in MinHee’s dressing room so she would be surrounded by them when she got off stage. He doubted all the bouquets would be his, but he demanded his be noticed if his presence wasn’t allowed. “Did the manager mention when the next interview is?”

 

“He mentioned having the phone taken off the hook.” Jr. offered, leaning back against the couch. “It’s been ringing like crazy since the fountain incident.”

 

Jackson scoffed. “A regrettable night. But hey, it was fun.”

 

“Fun?” Youngjae asked, shaking his head. “Cora nearly broke her ankle because of that little dance battle.”

 

Mark spun around from where he sat on the floor, since there was no room on the couches. “She twisted her ankle because she threw her flip to hard, like I told you she did in that video. I said she would hurt herself, and look what happened.”

 

“You cursed her?” Jackson asked, grinning at his roommate. “Because that’s what I’m hearing.”

 

Mark rolled his eyes and threw one of the throw pillows at him. “I’m going to make something to eat. Anyone want anything?” He asked, standing from where he sat and moving into the kitchen before anyone could answer.

 

JB shook his head and continued to watch his sister’s dance. The camera zoomed and MinHee led the group in a series of spins and leaps, a constant smile on her face. He’d known her long enough to know her smile was strained. He knew her well enough to know that she was faking her happiness. This publicity was getting to her. People were showing up to her recital because of her association with the band, not because of her talent, which he knew was hurting her. She’d worked so hard and in only a few short days, JB had blow her talent out of the water.

 

“You see,” Jackson said as the crowd was in sight again. Mark had just strolled back into the room holding a bowl of steaming food, too far away for it to recognizable. “I knew we should have followed through with the plan. It was bullet proof, that plan was perfect genius and you all shut it down.”

 

Mark’s hand swiped across the back of his friend’s head, knocking his hat and head forward. “That might have pulled publicity towards us, but they would still be interested in MinHee. We’d only succeed in making ourself out to be fools, and give us a different possibility as a band, one that I doubt we want.” He lifted his food to his mouth and, bravely, took a bite without blowing on the steaming food.

 

“Wow, you’re a dare devil.” Jackson teased, grabbing his hat and flicking Mark’s, so it shifted to the side. “I’m only trying to help. I mean, what are we supposed to do? Sit around and let these people attack MinHee and Cora with accusations. I mean, clearly the crippled Cora can hold her own, but for how long, and how much pressure are we putting on them?”

 

The boys sat in silence, staring at Jackson. “Wow hyung,” Youngjae started with a smile. “I think that’s the most sense you’ve made in a while.” Jackson winked at his friend and stood from the couch. “He’s right though. We aren’t exactly helping their situation.”

 

“Do you think,” Yugyeom shifted so he was facing the rest of the group. “We could just pretend like the press isn’t bothering us? Like we can help them out or something by pretending like it’s nothing, like we’re all friends and be casual about it.”

 

A few of the boys nodded their heads, but JB shook his adamantly. “She doesn’t want people to know we’re related.”

 

“We don’t have to tell them, hyung!” Bambam declared, standing from where he sat as though he’d the same of genius as Yugyeom. “We could just… tell people they’ve been around since before the albums and we’ve only just had the chance to catch up. And we can go on casual outings, and it might eventually become nothing to the press.”

 

Jr. nodded his head. “Maybe MinHee will be up for it, JB.”

 

JB sat in silence, staring at his smiling sister spin round and round on the screen. He’d do anything to make her happy, to see her smile, really smile, like she did before her vocal cords failed. “If it makes her more comfortable, I’ll do it.” The others cheered, and he held up his hands. “But, if she shows any discomfort, even for a split second, I’m calling this whole plan off. Do I make myself clear?” The others nodded and JB settled a little. “I really hope this works.”


 

Cora stood off to the side of the stage as MinHee stepped down the steps backstage. “You did amazing.” She said, wrapping an arm around her friends waist and walking with her towards her dressing room. MinHee was heaving, clearly straining to get the last part of the song through. It was an addition that none of the dancers expected, spontaneous and last minute, but MinHee pulled it off as a sort of solo, as she always pulled off everything. “Let’s get you cleaned up and then we can go get something to eat. And discuss the living situation.” MinHee nodded simply and tried not to lean on her friend, who was still limping. “Your brother called earlier to wish you luck, but you were already in line.” Again, MinHee nodded. She’d doubted her brother wouldn’t call, even though she’d asked him to stay home. Wish her luck, Cora had said, but MinHee knew it was to make sure MinHee hadn’t changed her mind about him not being allowed to go.

 

They approached MinHee’s dressing room when a group of the other dancers approached Cora and MinHee. “You did so well tonight, MinHee Unni.” MinHee simply nodded and smiled at the girls, who waited a moment, as if waiting for her to speak, before moving on.

Please log in to read the full chapter