Ginger

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Cora’s limp was getting worse. Chasing after the non existent trail of Ginger the cat had proved to be absolutely pointless. The cat was long gone, but Cora just couldn’t find the heart to give up yet. That cat was her life, her baby, the only thing she’d ever cared more about than that cat was MinHee, and she loved the cat just as much.

 

“Cora, please wait!” Mark called after her. She didn’t stop. She’d yet to look him in the face. It didn’t matter that it wasn’t his fault, what mattered was he was the last one to see the cat, and he wasn’t even important to Ginger. It sounded silly, but Ginger was part of the family. And it was killing Cora that she’d no clue where the cat was. “Cora, please!”

 

She stopped and spun around, her hands balled at her sides. “What do you want Mark? Haven’t you done enough!” He’d been running after her, which was impressive since she couldn’t get far with her limp, and had come to a short stop, staring at her. She’d never called him by his name. The fact that she had now, and just so happened to be beyond angry at him, would be an understandable shock.

“Cora, please, I didn’t think she was going to attack me-”

 

“Stop. Just stop. I can’t deal with the cat and you right now.” She said, turning and continuing down the street. The neon signs of the street shined down on them as Mark leapt forward and grabbed Cora’s arm. “I said stop!” She screamed, ripping her arm from his grip. “Just leave me alone!”

 

Mark was silent. A crowd was beginning to form on the street, surrounding Mark and Cora, who were now a good five feet away from each other. The crowd was silent for a moment before the shouts started. You heard her! Leave her alone! One shouted. She’s playing hard to get, comfort her! And that was when the camera’s started to appear. Street videos would flood the internet, and Cora couldn’t deal with that at the moment.

 

She turned and stared at Mark, who stood silently, his chest rising and falling angrily. A small red line marred the right side of his jaw, stretching almost to his ear. It wasn’t the only mark Ginger left, but it was the only one visible in the light. “Go back to the apartment and help the others.” She whispered before turning. “Don’t you dare follow me.” She said before limping off down the street.

 

The New Apartment

 

“I can’t believe you live here now!” She gushed as MinHee closed the door behind her. “This is so cool! I live just down the hall, in room 802.”

 

MinHee smiled, not entirely forgetting about the Ginger issue at hand, but led her friend into the apartment. “Sorry about the mess. Still moving in.”

 

“Of course not!” She laughed before lifting her hands. “Who’s the guy?” She asked in sign language.

“Worker. He’s helping us move.” MinHee signed before grabbing her phone and writing a text to Jackson to head out and help the others. He gave her an odd look when she handed him the phone. She nodded towards the door and he sighed, typing something on her phone and handing it back to her. “Would you like something to drink?” She asked Reina, who shook her head.

 

“No, I’m fine.” She replied, walking farther into the apartment. “Wow, this is huge compared to my space. My mom and brother live with me though, so there’s more furniture and all.” She smiled at her friend. “So how’s Cora’s ankle?”

 

Reina was the fifth member of the Passion dance crew, and had been on the scene when GOT7 made their appearance. “She’s been better.” MinHee answer. “She’s out moving the stuff right now, but I’m sure she’d be happy that you’re here.”

 

Reina gave a small nod before continuing. “Any plans for the third bedroom?” She asked, winking at her friend.

 

MinHee practically beamed. “Want me to show you?” She asked, and Reina squealed with delight when MinHee started across the space to the third bedroom. She threw opened the door, and the two stepped into the space. “We’re planning on turning it into a studio.” MinHee explained, walking farther into the room. “We’re going to put wall to wall mirrors, and over by the bathroom is going to be a small sitting area. There’ll be a mini fridge, and some other things, but that’s the farthest we’ve gotten so far.”

 

“I think that’s a great idea! And then we can stop going to that terrible youth center spot when the University rehearsal room isn’t open.” She smiled and spun around before sitting on the floor. “So have you checked out the account lately?” She asked, smiling and dropping her chin into her hands. MinHee shook her head. “Bring me your laptop.”



 

Cora sat with her back against the cold stone wall of the public library. “Are you sure you haven’t found her? She’s really small, with orange fur that-”

 

“You’ve told me what she looks like twice, ma’am.” The animal control operator cut her off, and Cora dropped her forehead into her hand. “We can call you if we get any reports, or if we find your cat, but that’s all the help I can offer. Have a nice night.”

 

Cora pulled her phone away from her ear, keeping her head down as she began to sob again, for the third time that night. Ginger was the last thing she’d left of her father. She wrapped her arms around her legs and sobbed harder, her entire body shaking as she let out a loud cry. The cat didn’t even like her that much, and she was still losing her mind over it. What was the matter with her? And poor Mark. He was only trying to help.

 

<
Please log in to read the full chapter