Just Talking

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

MinHee woke up the next morning to the sound of her phone chirping. She thought she’d put it on silent, but clearly she was wrong. She groaned, rolling onto her side and reaching for her phone. It sat on the nightstand. She closed her fingers around it just as something crashed in the kitchen loudly. She rolled her eyes and ignored the noise, unlocking her phone.

 

There was a text from Jackson. Word’s spread. Big Hit huh? Your brother’s proud.

 

MinHee smiled and sat up. She sent back a quick text telling him to tell her brother that she said hello, that they had signed to Big Hit, and that he needed to work and stop texting her. She tossed her phone away and moved to stand.

 

Cora was standing in the kitchen with Ginger in her arms. She held her at arms length and was frowning. The cat had a large reddish brown stain on the right side of her torso, and her paws were stained with the same color. Cora was lecturing her. “I hope it burnt your little paws. Maybe then you’ll learn a lesson and stop running across the stovetop every time I’m cooking!”

 

MinHee laughed. “Some things never change, Cora.”

 

Cora sighed and tucked the cat under one arm. “She saw the kimchi and got excited, knocked the dumpling pot off the stove and onto the floor, then proceeded to rub herself in the kimchi.” MinHee was laughing before Cora could finish her sentence. “I think I’m going to go give her a bath.”

 

MinHee nodded. “I think that’s a good idea.” She moved towards the paper towels, which she grabbed before making her way towards the mess on the floor. “Any word from the lawyer?”

 

“He said that he was contacted about the living situation. We’re going to have to move in the coming week.” Cora’s expression was dismal. This apartment had been pretty important to the two of them. It was their first actual apartment, the first that they’d found for themselves, that they’d paid for, that they’d renovated to fit their dance needs. It was perfect. And it was clear that Cora wasn’t ready to leave it behind.

 

Neither was MinHee. They’d only been living in the apartment for a short time, a little under a year, and already they were moving out. “Alright,” Was all Minhee said as she knelt on the ground and began wiping up the tattered and useless dumplings.

 

Cora nodded and turned, stiffly making her way towards the bathroom. The dismal mood only changed when MinHee could hear Cora trying to soothe the screaming cat. She laughed a little as she continued to wipe up the mess.



 

MinHee had called Reina over to the apartment, and she showed immediately. The two were now sitting on the sectional listening to music and talking.

 

“I never really got to ask how you and my brother are doing.” She said, and Reina looked a little unnerved by this. MinHee shook her head. “I’m not upset or anything. I mean, it’s a little weird that one of my best friends is dating my older brother, but I love you, and I love my brother, and if you two are happy together, then I wouldn’t trade it for the world.”

 

Reina laughed. “You’re so sappy.”

 

“Is that a bad thing?”

 

“Sometimes,” Reina laughed again and shook her head. “I appreciate that you accept your brother and I. I guess we’re pretty good. He gets along really well with my brother, and my mom adores him.” MinHee nodded in understanding. Everyone had always liked her brother. He had that sort of charm about him. Everything he did somehow turned out to be extremely charming and entertaining in some way. “And I’m pretty sure he’s happy.”

 

“He is.” MinHee nodded. “I can see it.”

 

Reina smiled, but it was directed down towards her legs. She was still bashful about her relationship, that much was clear. “Well I’m glad he’s happy.”

 

“So are you guys a legitimate thing, or are you still just feeling it out?”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter