AC || Call Backs

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

MinHee and Cora sat on the floor of MinHee’s bedroom with their phones on the floor in front of them. Earlier that day, both had gone to separate auditions for dramas that Big Hit had set up for them. MinHee had gone for a comedic drama, and Cora had gone for an action drama audition. Both returned, confident they would get the part.

 

But now it was the allotted time they were told they’d be called if they got the part. And both were nervous.

 

Cora pushed her fingers into her hair and stared down at her phone. “This is killing me,” She groaned, shaking her head. Her phone hadn’t buzzed once.

 

MinHee laughed. “You know we have another hour before it’s officially over, right?” Cora groaned and flopped to the side. “You’re gonna land it. I mean, look at the dramatics! You really had me fooled for a beached whale.”

 

Cora kicked at her, and MinHee laughed, dodging the flying leg. “This is getting ridiculous. Can’t they just… I don’t know, pick me already?”

 

MinHee smiled and her phone buzzed. Both girls looked down, eyes wide, and Cora latched on to MinHee’s arm. This was it, she was about to find out if she landed the role. This could be the difference of them getting big quick, due to their own publicizing, or them falling flat and being a small band. This was the stepping stone to being known, right?

 

MinHee reached for her phone and lifted it towards her, frowning when her eyes fell on the name of the message. It was from Reina, who was at the showcase stage to support JB. The boys are going to be on in a few minutes. Are you watching? MinHee had opted out of going to GOT7’s Identify showcase stage so she could go to her audition, but Jackson had understood. So she’d promised to watch it at home while she waited for her callback.

 

MinHee stood. “Come on, let’s go out into the living room. The showcase is coming on-”

 

“What showcase?” Cora asked, reaching for her own phone and then standing, looking to MinHee with a questioning expression.

 

MinHee found herself frowning. The showcase really hadn’t been brought up, and it wasn’t as if Cora stalked the news about GOT7, especially after the breakup. “The boys are releasing a new album tonight,” MinHee answered, and Cora looked down. “You don’t have to watch with me-”

 

“No, come on! It’s going to be awesome!” She said, surprisingly smiling. “Twenty bucks says Jackson’s the first to screw up.” She said, hurrying out into the living room ahead of MinHee, who shook her head and smiled, following after her.

 

Cora was already flipping through channels to find the showcase when MinHee sat down. She replied to Reina’s message, telling her they were turning it on that moment, and to tell the boys good luck for her. The second she dropped the phone onto her lap, it began to ring.

 

Not buzz, like when she got a message. But ring, singing a song loudly, because someone was calling

Please log in to read the full chapter