Plans and Pastries

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

MinHee stood on the stage of the college with Professor Kim at her side. The two were laying out the set up plans for MinHee’s solo piece of the final performance. Professor Kim turned to MinHee and smiled. “I think this is a beautiful idea.”

 

MinHee smiled back. “Thank you sir, for letting me do this.” She spoke these words.

 

Professor Kim shook his head, smile spreading wider. “It’s incredible to hear you speak again. You deserve the chance to make the reveal as incredible.” MinHee nodded and he dropped a hand on her shoulder. “You continue to work on your vocals, child, and I will take care of your entire set up. This is going to be easier than you think.”



 

MinHee was walking down the street, towards the apartment, when she was stopped by a girl who claimed to be a journalist. The girl shot into questions, which MinHee couldn’t exactly answer, so the girl began asking yes and no questions, things like “Are you in a serious relationship with a well known band member?” or “Do you and the other Passion dancers get along.”

 

But then things got more serious. “You’ve heard by now about the label battle that’s been going on because of your group, right?” MinHee nodded. “Do you know who the labels are?” She shook her head. “They mostly consist of Big Hit Entertainment, JYP Entertainment, SM Entertainment, YG Entertainment, and there has been word of Seven Seasons Entertainment.” MinHee nodded her head in understanding. “But you must know that the labels aren’t only Korean.”

 

MinHee’s eyes widened and she shook her head. The journalist looked amazed. “You had no clue that American and Japanese corporations are trying to sign you?” She shook her head viciously. “Oh wow. That’s incredible. The corporations have been pretty tight lipped about the rumors that have gotten out, but we’ve heard that the Americans will only be signing you, Cora, and Reina, since none of the others understand any English, and only you, Ji-su and Mikki will be signed by the Japanese since the others don’t understand Japanese.”

 

MinHee made a face, and shook her head. “You aren’t okay with that?” She nodded. “You are okay with it?” She viciously shook her head. “Okay you aren’t okay with it. So you’d rather be signed by a Korean label?” MinHee bit her lip and pulled out her phone. She passed it to the journalist, who read aloud. “You would rather be signed to a label that allows all of you than a label that would split your group up.” She nodded and took her phone back. “Wow, you’re really genuine.”

 

“MinHee?” A voice asked, and MinHee spun around to find Maria walking towards her, holding arms full of bags and glaring at the journalist viciously. “Who do you think you are, huh? Get lost! She doesn’t want to answer anything for your blog site!” She hissed, threateningly swinging bags at the journalist as she approached MinHee.

 

The journalist looked annoyed. “And just who are you?” She demanded.

 

Maria sneered, dropping the bags beside MinHee and continuing towards the journalist. “If you keep talking, I will be your worst freaking nightmare.” She pushed the journalist’s shoulder hard and grinned. “So get lost before I get Cora down here, and I’m sure you’ve heard of what she did to those fans outside her apartment.”

 

It didn’t take long for the journalist to get lost, and Maria turned to MinHee. “You’re too nice.” MinHee looked surprised. “Come on, I’ll walk you back to the apartment.” Without another word, the two continued towards the apartment.

 

When they approached the building, MinHee pulled out her phone and passed it to Maria. “Are you sure Cora will be alright with me coming up?” MinHee nodded and moved towards the building and unlocked the door, holding the door for Maria to walk in.

 

The elevator ride was also silent, but as the two walked down the hall towards the apartment, Maria turned to MinHee. “So you really had no clue that other entertainment labels wanted to sign you outside of Korea?” MinHee shook her head and held the door open for Maria to walk in. “Wow… I thought everyone knew.”

 

“Thank god you’re home!” Cora shouted from the kitchen. She moved into the living room and MinHee gaped at the enormous brown stain on the apron she was wearing. “I was trying to pastries and,” She looked down at her apron and frowned. “This isn’t the worst of it.”

 

“What did you do?” MinHee signed, moving towards the kitchen. Maria was laughing and putting the bags down in the living room as MinHee moved into the kitchen. Cora had succeeded in making a few things. There were chocolate truffles, French macarons, vanilla tartes, cannolis and the beginnings of Choux pastries, but MinHee’s eyes fell on the concave pot that sat in the sink and the bubbling black mass on the bottom of the opened oven. “What did you do?”

 

Cora frowned. “Well, I was trying to perfect my chocolate Choux pastry recipe and,” She pointed to the oven. “That oozing mass kind of just appeared.”

 

“And that pot?” MinHee asked.

Please log in to read the full chapter