Forced Birthday Begins...

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

The group of five stood in the store in an awkward stare down, mostly between Mark and Cora. He cleared his throat and opened his mouth to speak, but Cora cut him off. “Are you buying my birthday present?”

 

“It’s your birthday soon?” Maria asked.

 

Cora pursed her lips and gave a curt nod, keeping her glare on Mark. “Don’t buy me anything. I don’t want a present. I don’t want this stupid party, but since that has to happen, the present thing doesn’t.”

 

Mark sighed, rolling his eyes and shifting to his right foot. “Cora, even if I were buying your present, I wouldn’t just spontaneously return it just because you said so.” Cora opened to speak, but Mark continued. “And,” He said, smirking as his eyes landed on her very annoyed expression. “So what if it is for you? What are you going to do about it?”

 

She frowned. “I’ll burn it when you give it to me.”

 

“Come on, I spent money on it.”

 

“Not my problem! I told you I don’t want it.” She said, crossing her arms over her chest. “I hate this stupid birthday fad.”

 

Youngjae looked confused. “But birthday’s aren’t really a fad.” Maria laughed at this, and Youngjae looked to her, a small but bright smile spreading across his lips.

 

Cora rolled her eyes. “Regardless, I hate them, keep that in mind.”

 

Mark nodded. “Noted.”

 

“Are you going to return the gift?”

 

“Nope.” Cora frowned and Mark grinned brightly. “Anyways, we need to get going. So, I’ll see you later.” He turned to Maria. “You must be Maria.”

 

Cora looked surprised and turned to her friend. “I totally forgot. Maria, this is my boyfriend, Mark,” Mark bowed his head a little. “And his friends Yugyeom,” Yugyeom bowed his head. “And-”

 

“Youngjae. We met the other day. Hi.” Maria smiled.

 

Youngjae nodded. “It’s nice to see you again.”

 

“Anyways, we’d better get back to the dorms.” Youngjae walked up behind Mark and took the bags from his hands. Mark strode forward and planted a kiss on Cora’s cheek. “I will see you tomorrow.” He said, before turning and leaving with his friends.

 

Cora frowned and watched them walk away. “He .” She muttered. “Let’s pay and get back to the apartment to do some rehearsing.”



 

MinHee stood in the kitchen with Jinwoo, who was sitting on the floor cuddling Ginger. “So am I meeting you at the party, or would you like me to drive you?”

 

MinHee shook her head. “No, meet me there. I need to help out Cora’s mother with some stuff right before, so I’m going to get ready there.”

 

Jinwoo nodded. “Okay. Well, I’ll try not to be late, but you know Min. It might take some time.” MinHee laughed and nodded, turning on the water and starting to wash the dishes. “How long is Cora going to practice with Maria?”

 

“Until she’s sure that she and Maria don't miss any of the steps for anyone’s parts. She’s kind of in depth when it comes to this kind of stuff.” She watched as Jinwoo nodded, lifting Ginger and kissing her nose. “It’s hilarious that that cat loves everyone except Cora.”

 

Jinwoo laughed and placed the cat on his lap, putting his face close to hers. “Maybe she can smell Cora’s rotten soul.” He said in a voice that could be considered childish. “She doesn’t seem to hate Cora.”

Please log in to read the full chapter