Blaze

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Minnie?” Cora asked as she rolled out of her room in a ball, causing MinHee to laugh wildly. She landed with her legs spread apart, her torso dropped down and her head propped in her hands. “We need to get new furniture.” MinHee started to move her hands and Cora cut her off. “I mean, now that we have the job, we have the money.” They didn’t exactly have the money, since they’d only been hired the day before. And they were a little short, since Cora insisted on paying Mark and JB back for the money the paid two days before for the mirror installation. “Come on! I hate that stupid couch. It mocks me. Look at it, being all ugly and tattered.” She said, tossing a hand towards the culprit couch.

 

MinHee shook her head and stood from where she was sitting on the coffee table. She’d been avoiding the couch too. It was looking a bit worse for wear. “We can go look,” She started, and Cora’s face lit up. “But I don’t think we should buy anything today. I mean, we’re not going to actually get anything today even if we do buy, what with shipping and all.”

 

Cora shot off the ground. “Doesn’t matter! You said we can look, and implied we might buy!” She raced towards her friend and grabbed her hand. She tugged her towards the door, stopping only to pull on her shoes.

 

While she was distracted, MinHee signed to her “We have to be quick. Mikki is going to be bringing Yuna by, and I’d like to be here when they arrive.” She wasn’t too excited about the new member. She wasn’t sure how it was going to all work out in the end, but it sounded like a good enough plan.

 

“Whatever, I won’t be picky! Let’s just go!” She shouted, shoving her foot into her shoe and throwing the door opened. “Woohoo! No more ugly furniture.” She looked over her shoulder and, winking at MinHee, added a simple “Maybe.”



 

MinHee stood in front of the cashier with a pained look on her face. She opened her wallet and reached in, pulling out the cash she carried, in hopes of paying off as much of the total before needing her credit card. “I’ve got it!” Cora shouted, slapping down her mother’s credit card and passing it to the cashier.

 

MinHee made a face. She grabbed Cora’s arm and spun her so they were face to face. “Your mother will end your life if you use her credit card to buy that sectional.”

 

Cora rolled her eyes and made a noncommittal gesture. “She’ll get over it. Anyways, it’s not really her’s, now is it? It’s Henry’s.” Henry was her stepfather, and he adored her. He wouldn’t do a thing if she broke his bank, maybe give her a small talking to, but otherwise, she escaped unscathed. “Do you think we should get a rug too?” Cora asked as she cashier finished the transaction, passing the card back to Cora.

 

MinHee’s jaw dropped and she grabbed Cora’s arm, pulling her towards the door, now that the tab was paid. “You cannot just spend your mother’s money like that. Or Henry’s money, whatever.”

 

Cora smiled innocently. “It doesn’t really matter. Minnie, I’ve done it before. Besides, Henry told me-”

 

“They’re fighting again, aren’t they?” MinHee signed, crossing her arms over her chest when she finished. Cora’s face drained of color.

 

When Cora’s mother and stepfather fought, Henry sent Cora out with the credit card to do some damage. He did it to kill two birds with one stone. He’d upset his wife, and Cora would feel a sense of screwing her mother over. It worked out, for them. “Minnie, just let me buy stuff for our apartment.”

 

“I’d be okay with it if it weren’t for the fact that I know you’re going to keep buying things! What else had you gotten with the card?” MinHee demanded, refusing to let Cora walk before she answered the question.

 

Cora sighed and posed with her hands on her hips. “I bought a few arm chairs and a loveseat for the studio. It wasn’t that expensive! And if some movers show up with a dining room seat, that was also me.” MinHee started to lecture her, but she stopped her. “Fine! I’ll pay for the mini fridge with my own money.” She said, strutting towards the next store, MinHee following behind her, shaking her head.



 

MinHee and Cora returned home a few hours later, Cora carrying a black mini fridge for the studio, and MinHee silently wondering when Cora’s mother was going to show up at her door and start screaming at her child. It’d happened twice before. “I’m going to go set this down in the studio.” Cora declared, hobbling towards the room with the box. She was squatting, sort of, with the box dangling in between her legs. She’d swing from side to side to move the box, grunting as she did, making MinHee laugh at her. “Call Mikki and see when she-” Cora was interrupted by the beep of the intercom.

 

MinHee watched as Cora grumbled to herself about always picking the best times to demand someone do something as she wobbled into the studio. MinHee hurried to the screen beside the door and pressed the unlock button. She didn’t wait to check and make sure they got in before moving to open the door, propping it from closing with the deadbolt, and then hurried into the studio.

 

Cora was already plugging in th

Please log in to read the full chapter