Discussions

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Cora, MinHee, and Ryu all raced down the street. A horde of fans followed, shouting their names. To their complete and utter surprise, they were screaming praise. At the end of the street sat a silver car, the windows tinted near black, with the back door and passenger door opened. The car was on and the driver, who wore a black mask that covered his mouth and nose and a black beanie that covered his hair, was prepped to race off.

 

The three dove into the car, Cora in the passenger seat and MinHee and Ryu in the backseat. The doors were slammed shut the second they made it inside and Mark tore out of the lot, speeding into the street and a little ways down, until they were far enough away that no fans had a chance of catching up.

 

All three were out of breath. The car stopped at a red light and Mark tore the mask and beanie away from his face. “Thank you.” Cora rasped, buckling herself in.

 

Mark nodded and turned, looking in the back seat. “They didn’t hurt you did they?”

 

“They didn’t even get inside.” Ryu declared. “They were all outside.”

 

Mark turned and gave Cora a disappointed look. “I figured with the way she reacted, something terrible had happened.” Cora’s eyes widened and she immediately apologized, but Mark shrugged it off. What’s done is done and there was no changing it now. For the rest of the ride back to the apartment, everyone was silent, and Cora didn’t look up from her legs.

 

Mark parked the car a few feet away from the apartment and MinHee and Ryu climbed out. Cora unbuckled herself and opened the door, but hesitated. She sighed and closed the door, turning to face Mark. “Look, I know you’re mad-”

 

“I’m not mad, Cora.” He said cooly, shaking his head.

 

Cora frowned, staring at him. He didn’t move from where he sat, slouched in the drivers seat. “You aren’t?”

 

He shook his head. “What is there to really be mad at? I mean, you made a stupid decision, but everyone does, right?” He asked, finally turning to look at her. Cora felt a pang of guilt. She’d made some stupid escape plan, she’d overreacted about something so trivial. “Do you even think before you run to do silly things for MinHee?” Cora opened to speak, and Mark shook his head. “Don’t answer that. That was a stupid question.”

 

He was out of the car before Cora could say another word. The door slammed shut and Cora leapt out, chasing after him up the steps. MinHee and Ryu were already on the floor for their apartment, leaving Mark to press the button for the elevator just as Cora came sliding to a halt beside him. “Yes, I always run head on to do crazy, stupid, reckless things when I know MinHee’s involved. I wasn’t there when her vocal cords collapsed, and I know it’s not my fault, but I can’t let anything happen to her again. And I’m sorry that I made you think there was something serious going on. It was serious, to me of course. I can’t let there be a possibility for her to get hurt, or to be bombarded. It just doesn’t feel right. And I know it’s impulsive and stupid sometimes, and it gets in the way, but I have to be there for her.” She stopped, in a breath and staring at Mark, whose expression was neutral.

 

“Because who else is going to do it.” Cora added as the elevator dinged and the doors opened, on the verge of tears. She’d never explained it to anyone else. It never really mattered before.

 

Mark didn’t move for a minute, but when he did, he reached out and took Cora’s wrist, tugging her into the elevator with him. He pressed the button to Cora’s floor and the doors closed. As they did, he wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her against him. Cora shuddered and curled into him, fighting the urge to have a break down. How pathetic, she thought. Crying about something as stupid as racing to her friends side.

 

She wound her arms around him and sighed. “I’m sorry. I know it’s crazy.”

 

“I didn’t think you’d get that upset.” He laughed, dropping his chin into her hair. “I’m not saying you shouldn’t look after your friend, but she’s-”

 

“I know, I know.” Cora said, pulling away from him. “She’s a big girl, she’s strong and independent and can take care of herself. I just can’t accept it. I have to feel needed, you know?”

 

Mark laughed a little as the doors to the elevator opened. “Trust me, you’re needed.”


 

Please log in to read the full chapter