The Fair

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Reina had laid across one of the poolside chaise loungers with her sunglasses on, and her cover up thrown aside. She had made it clear that she was going to work on her tan that weekend, and had already commenced the mission. Cora and MinHee sat on one of the loungers to her right, and Mikki was sprawled across the one to her left. “This is absolutely beautiful.” Reina breathed, pulling her sunglasses up and looking to Cora. “I really cannot believe you grew up in this house.”

“I really cannot believe I didn’t invite you to this house before.” Cora said, shaking her head. “I mean, how spacy of me.” She crossed her legs and leaned back a little, resting on her elbows. “But I’m glad you guys are having fun. That was the point.”

MinHee nodded in agreement. “And wait until you see the festival. It’s incredible.”

Reina nodded before sliding her sunglasses back into place. “So Cora, you and Mark are official now, huh?” She teased, and Cora shook her head. “And what’s up with you and Jackson, MinHee? I thought you were with Jinwoo.”

MinHee signed, but since Reina wasn’t looking at her, Cora translated. “MinHee and Jinwoo are dating, and she and Jackson are friends. She was just walking with us and him to the dorms, and said goodbye when the picture was snapped. The only couple in the picture is me and Mark, and that’s that.” Cora huffed. “Well said, MinHee.”

“So you are a thing?” Mikki asked, pulling out one of her headphones.

The sound of dripping water made all four girls look to the pool. JB had pulled himself out, and was now drying himself. He walked straight to Reina’s side and sat at the end of her chair. “I like your bathing suit.” He said, smiling. Cora and Mikki made fake gag noises, and JB rolled his eyes. “Are you busy tonight?”

Reina laughed and sat up, using her elbows to balance herself. “Why?”

“I wanted to take you down to the pier. We can walk around and see all the booths before the festival actually starts.” He turned to Cora. “You told me earlier that there’s a small fair down there. Is it opened tonight?” Cora nodded. “Wonderful. Do you want to go to the fair with me?” JB asked.

Reina looked to her friends, who gestured for her to make a decision. “Yes, of course.” She smiled, and JB reached for the glass of lemonade beside her. He took a sip and then put it back. “And you’re already stealing my food.”

“Not food, drink.” JB leaned forward and pressed a kiss to her cheek. “Your tan’s looking good.”

MinHee, Cora, and Mikki all catcalled, and Reina shook her head. “Was your mission to get me wet? Look,” She pointed to the water that had tracked across her stomach and onto various parts of her bathing suit from when JB had reached across her. “You so owe me.” She moved to stand from the chair, and JB started to race around the side of the pool.

Cora shook her head. “So all of a sudden, we’re all in a relationship. This is disgustingly high school.” She shook her head and stood from where she sat. Reina had caught up to JB and was trying to throw him into the pool, but only succeeded when he threw her in and leapt in after her. “Anyone else going to join me?” She asked, starting towards the pool.

“Cora! We’re going to play chicken. You’re on my team.” Mark called, moving to the side of the pool and turning his back to Cora, who leapt onto his shoulders. He put his hands up, and she held on as he moved towards the center of the pool.

Jackson turned to the girls. “MinHee! Come on! I need a partner.” MinHee’s eyes widened, and Cora gestured for her to join them. Jinwoo was nowhere in sight, so there was no one to save her, since Bambam had joined the others down on the beach. MinHee sighed and walked towards the side of the pool. “Do you know the rules?” Jackson asked, turning his back to her.

MinHee nodded and, awkwardly, climbed onto Jackson’s shoulders. 

 

Cora sat on the foot of her parents bed, drying her hair with her towel, as MinHee paced the room in front of her. “Just come with us. It’ll be fun.”

After their chicken fight, Jackson had proposed that they also go down to the pier. Cora had promised JB that they would steer clear of him and Reina, since it was clear he wanted to be alone with her, and begged Mark to take her on the ferris wheel while Jackson turned to MinHee for her answer. “What about Jinwoo?” She asked. 
Cora frowned. “I guess he can tag along. I mean, this is just an outing. Like a friendly trip to the pier.” MinHee gave her a look that showed she wasn’t buying that. “Seriously! We aren’t trying to trap you into a double date. It just so happened that there were only four of us going. I swear

Please log in to read the full chapter