Practice

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eleven dancers stood awkwardly in Cora and MinHee’s livingroom, staring at MinHee’s bedroom door, which had just been slammed shut moments before.
 

“We should probably leave.” Jinwoo declared, grabbing his brother by his shoulders and steering him towards the door.

 

Cora stopped them, closing the door and pointing towards the studio door. “It’s fine. I’ll go talk to her. Please, make yourself at home. The studio is over there.” Cora looked to Ji-Su. “Would you discuss our ideas with them, please?” She asked, widening her eyes, in a way that said do-it-or-I’ll-kill-you.

 

Ji-su ushered the others into the studio as Cora made her way to MinHee’s room. She knocked lightly. “Minnie? Look, I know this is awkward, and you’re still really mad at him, but will you please open the door?” She asked, and got no reply. She banged a little louder. “MinHee! Open the door and talk to me!”

 

She could hear MinHee shuffling around in her room. “MinHee, stop being a coward! It’s been almost three years! Maybe more!” The door flew open and Cora instantly regretted her words as her friend pushed past her and towards the door, tears streaming down her face. She had changed into a pair of jeans and donned a black hoodie, the hood drawn over her head. “Minnie, wait!”

 

Cora reached out to stop her friend from walking through the door, but MinHee threw Cora’s arm away from her. “It’s bad enough that I work with him.” She signed, leaning over and grabbing her shoes. She shook her head, still crying, and shoved her foot into each shoe. “But now he’s in my house, and I don’t need to deal with this right now.” Cora gaped at her, completely caught off guard. “I’m going to see my brother. I’ll be back. Eventually.” With that, she was out the front door, leaving Cora to stare after her.

 

“Uhm, Cora?” Mikki’s voice asked. Cora spun around to see her standing, with her cousin, in the arch of the studio. “Maybe we should tell Blaze to forget about it.”

 

Cora in a breath, unsure of what to say at first. “No, it’s fine. We’ll work this out.”

 

Yuna took a step forward and sighed. “I hope your friend is okay with the decision.”



 

MinHee walked with her head down and her hands in her pockets. The weather seemed to reflect her attitude, as it was beginning to rain. She’d no reason to look up, she knew the way to the dorms, and she wasn’t about to take the subway to get there. She planned on walking. And it didn’t take her long to get there. She was in front of JB’s door in record time, knocking quietly on the door.

 

The door opened and a groggy Yugyeom stood in front of MinHee. He looked surprised to see her, but smiled anyways. “I didn’t know you were coming over.” He said, moving aside and ushering her in. “The others will be happy to see you.” MinHee shook her head and hands wildly, and Yugyeom looked confused. She pulled out her phone and wrote a text that she was just there to see her brother and handed him the phone. He read it quickly. “Okay. Uh, you don’t want the others to know you’re here?” He asked, and she nodded. “I can… distract them, and you can go wait in JB’s room. I’ll tell him you’re here when the others aren’t paying attention.”

 

“Who’s at the door, dongsaeng?” One of the boys shouted, and Yugyeom hurried into the other room.

 

“Wrong house. Must have been confused.” He announced, and the others said nothing. “Hey, is that a spider?” He asked, and one of the boys screamed dramatically, sending the others into a fit of laughter. “I’m serious! It just-”

 

“I’ve got it.” It was Jackson, who groaned as he moved to kill the “spider”. MinHee moved against the wall and looked around the corner. JB’s room was a straight shot through the living room and down the hall. All the boys were staring at Yugyeom, who pointed beside the television, and Jackson, who was trying to find the invisible spider. “Are you sure you saw one?” Jackson asked.

 

MinHee used the second to race across the space as quietly as she could. She almost made it into the hall, but she looked to the side and noticed Jackson, who was moving to stand, spotted her. His brow furrowed and he opened his mouth to say something but Yugyeom shouted that the spider was right by his foot. Calmly, Jackson composed himself, looked down, and stomped his foot repeatedly. “I think I got it.” He said coldly.

 

MinHee didn’t waste another second getting to her brother’s room. She threw opened the door and slumped against the wall beside it as the door closed. She was alone for only a minute before the door opened and JB moved inside. “MinHee?” He asked, looking around until he spo

Please log in to read the full chapter