AC || Clarity ( MaRa's Christmas 1)

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mark stood at the front doors of Cora and MinHee’s old apartment, unsure of what to say when he got inside. The man at the front desk always questioned visitors, and he wasn’t sure what to call MinHee and Cora’s apartment, now that it was a practice space for the recreation center. He shrugged, deciding just to tell him their room number and be on his way.

 

Mark and Cora had started hanging out after the night at the club, when he and she left to get coffee. It just felt right. He’d missed her, but not romantically. They’d been good friends before they had been dating, when she wasn’t teasing him, and when he wasn’t blindly acting a fool because he liked her so much, and he wanted that back. It made things far less awkward when the groups got together on occasions, which Mark was thankful for.

 

That afternoon, the two were going to pick up some presents for the others. Cora had asked him to stop by the studio when he was ready to go, since she had to teach a class, and then they would set out.

 

Luckily, Mark made it past the front desk without question, as the man was asleep, and hurried into the elevator. It didn’t take too long before he was walking down the all too familiar hallway towards the apartment he had made plenty of memories in. He found a note on the door addressed to him that said to just come in, so he twisted the knob and found it was unlocked.

 

When he opened the door, he could hear the loud music playing, and Cora shouting out steps over the music. The door to the studio was closed, and there were a few students sprawled across the living room. They all greeted him and gestured for him to go to the studio, so he did.

 

He opened the door to find a group of about fifteen kids, not including Cora, dancing in the “Street Thug, Get Back Son, Rawr” fashion, as Cora had claimed it to be named. It was pretty much krumping and hip hop, which Cora claimed to have introduced for fun, but the class loved it, so they did it more often than not.

 

Mark smiled, sneaking around the back of the class and sitting in the corner, near the mirrors. Ginger, who was sitting in a spot of sun that leaked through the long windows, stood and stretched before slinking over and curling up on Mark’s lap.

 

Just as Ginger settled, the song ended and the class burst into applause. “Thanks again guys, for joining me today,” Cora said, grabbing a towel that lay near the mirrors and wiping at her neck. The class was all shouts and laughs, talking amongst themselves as Cora walked towards Mark and sat down. “Been here long?”

 

He shook his head. “Just got in,” He said as she reached forward and rubbed between Ginger’s ears. “Are you ready to go?”

 

She shrugged. “Let me just jump in the shower and get into a not sweat soaked pair of clothes. It’ll take me five minutes, I swear.” She said, standing and hurrying out of the room. She and MinHee hadn’t entirely moved out of the apartment. Apparently, the man who ran the recreation center had put locks on their doors, so no one went inside, and they kept some of their things there, for storage, or if they were in the area. Ginger, for instance, couldn’t be in the dorm since a few of the workers were allergic, so she became the dance team’s mascot.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter