Stuck

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Cora’s jaw hung opened and Mark, who sat beside her, reached out and took the phone. He grabbed her hand, forced it open, and placed the phone in it. Still in shock, Cora raised the phone to her ear. “Hello?”

 

“Hello Ms. Matthews. We’ve heard so much about you. I understand you and your dance crew are having a benefit dance performance this weekend.” Cora barely managed a hum as the host continued. “We here at the studio were wondering if it would be okay for us to make an appearance, to tape your performance, and show it when you join us next week.”

 

Cora turned and looked at MinHee, who was just coming out of the kitchen, her eyes wide with surprise. “I, uh, have to consult my crew, but I see no reason why you can’t.”

 

“Great! So we’ll have a car sent to get you next week the morning of the interview, and we can discuss further when you get here.” The line went dead, and Cora leaned to hand the phone back to Bambam, whose hand was outstretched to grab it. He asked if she was okay, and she gave a numb nod.

 

MinHee raced around the side of the sectional and began to sign to Cora, asking her what happened. “We’ve got an interview next week after the fundraiser.” MinHee’s hand flew to and she dropped to her knees in front of Cora. Cora took MinHee’s hands and held them in hers. The two were near tears. “It’s just like I always told you. We’d make it one day, right?” MinHee shrugged and smiled, sniffling a little. “I know it’s just because of those loons,” She nodded her head towards the boys. “But they know our names, MinHee.”

 

“It wasn’t all us.” Jackson started.

 

JB nodded. “Yeah, you guys had fans to begin with.”

 

“Otherwise we wouldn’t have found you.” Youngjae offered, patting MinHee’s shoulder. MinHee smiled at him. “I mean, you guys have to understand that. We’re not the only reason you’re known now. You were great all on your own.”

 

Reina sat entirely stiff on the couch beside JB. He asked her how she felt about the situation and she didn’t respond. She stared forward, a small smile splayed on her lips. She was one of the original founders of the group, and to see it flourishing made her proud.

 

Cora released MinHee’s hands and flopped back, releasing a giant sigh. “When did life get so dramatic? It’s like an emotional rollercoaster. I always thought that only happened in relationships.”

 

“It seems to happen in yours.” Jackson commented, standing and walking towards the kitchen. Cora rolled her eyes, too caught up in the excitement to even remark.

 

“I’m going to go change.” MinHee signed, looking only at Cora, who nodded. “Lunch is finished whenever you’re hungry.” Cora relayed that last bit of information to the rest of the group. She could already hear Jackson pulling out a bowl for himself, and Bambam shot up faster than Cora and MinHee expected.

 

Cora turned to Mark and MinHee stood to go get changed. “Do you guys starve poor Bambam? That’s got to be why he’s always so excited about MinHee’s cooking.”

 

Mark laughed and shook his head. “Or maybe she’s just a better cook than any of us.” Cora stood from the couch and stretched her arms over her head. She looked down and noticed she was still in pajamas and started towards her room. Mark stood from the couch as well. “I’m  going to grab some lunch too. Anyone else want a bowl?” No one said a word.

 

Reina, who still sat stiffly beside JB, leapt off the couch. “I forgot, I need to run to the store for a few things.” She said, starting towards the door. 

JB sat up straight. “Do you want me to come with you-” She was already out of the apartment, the door slamming behind her, when he finished the sentence. He frowned and turned to look at Youngjae, who was lounging across the sectional. “I think I’ll go after her. She doesn’t need to be wandering around alone with Passion’s new found publicity.” He declared, winking at his friend and standing from the couch.

 

“That might not be the best idea, JB.” Jr. warned, but JB swatted off his comment.

 

Mark returned to the couch with two bowls in his hands. He sat down, holding one on his thighs and lifted the other, eating from it. “Wow.” Youngjae commented slyly. “Hungry today?” Mark rolled his eyes and, smiling, took a bite of the noodles MinHee had made.

 

MinHee made an appearance then, having changed from her pajamas into a pair of black high waisted shorts with a black tank top and a sheer white collared shirt that was tucked in the front of her shorts. She wore a pair of converse but carried in her hands a pair of strappy heels. She grabbed a bag from beside the door and shoved the shoes in. She told the boys she was heading to practice with Ryu and would catch up to them later.

 

Cora exited her room shortly after. She wore a pair of jean shorts and a beige sweater, which, like MinHee’s shirt, was tucked into the front of her pants. The sleeves were pushed up to her elbows and she wore a heart shaped pendant necklace. She slid across the floor on her white socks until she reached the couch, which she flopped down on, her legs stretched behind her and her arms stretched in front of her. She grabbed the bowl from Mark’s lap and looked up at him, smiling. “Thanks Oppa.” She said, rolling onto her back, which her head resting on Mark’s leg.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter