AC || Not So Merry Christmas

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Cora and Mark were both still. He stood beside her, avoiding eye contact, as she stared down at the velvety box he’d given to her. She honestly thought that the sweater had been her present, and she was a bit pissed off that she hadn’t seen the gift coming.

 

She was staring down a golden chain with… some sort of pendant in the center. She wasn’t entirely sure what it was, but it looked like-

 

“Is this a golden coffee bean?” She asked mildly.

 

Mark laughed. “Yes.”

 

Cora closed the box and glared at him. “You got me a bean? What, did you paint it gold?” She asked, her fingers curling around the box. “You know I’m not allowed to have coffee anymore-”

 

“It’s a bracelet. I didn’t just get a random coffee bean, Cora. It’s a bracelet.” He said, opening the box and pulling the bracelet out. “I was hoping to fool you, but I didn’t think you’d get angry,” He said, reaching for her wrist.

 

Cora watched as he clasped the chain around her wrist. She was already on edge with the coffee ordeal. Five months without a single cup, and she was losing her mind. Jackson had, teasingly, gotten her a single coffee bean, since MinHee wouldn’t let him get her a bag like he’d planned. She blushed a little as Mark’s fingers brushed the inside of her arm. “You didn’t have to get me anything, you know. We’re-”

 

“Not together. I know. You’ve moved on,” His dark brown eyes looked up at her, through his dark lashes, and she got the distinct feeling that he wasn’t okay with what he’d just said. “How is Jongin?”

 

Choi Jongin was Cora’s co star for the drama she had recently finished. It was an action drama about a man who comes home from war to find that his country had changed. Cora was his boss/mistress, who, in the end, takes on the responsibility of the terrible actions that happen during the drama, somehow avoids jail time, and marries the quiet, shy intern. Choi Jongin was the veteran, who Cora did, by chance, kiss a few times.
 

Jongin was great. He was a good friend, he was attractive, and an incredible kisser, but he wasn’t… he just wasn’t right for her. Pictures had been put into magazines about them, there were pictures of their dates, them holding hands, but that was weeks before. She and Mark hadn’t been hanging around when she and Jongin had been close. Surprisingly, this was the first time he was brought up.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter