Fireworks

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author's Corner 

:DD ENJOY!!

xx Midnight Captures

MinHee and Jackson walked in awkward silence for a few minutes, moving away from the busy part of the pier. Both of MinHee’s hands were closed around the sparklers, squeezing for dear life as they continued to walk. Why did she agree to walk with him? She’d been avoiding him for a reason.

“So,” Jackson started, coming to a stop. “You’re kind of serious with Jinwoo, huh?” He asked quickly, and MinHee nodded, looking down at her feet. “And… you’re happy, right?” She nodded again. “Okay. That’s good. I, uh… I want you to be happy.”

MinHee turned and gave him a confused look. He shrugged. “As long as you’re happy, then everything’s alright, right?” She nodded slowly this time, and Jackson started walking again. She strode to keep up with him. “So,” He started again, and MinHee couldn’t help but giggle. It was clear he was just as nervous as she was. What was he trying to get at?

“Look,” He said, coming to a stop again. “I think you know that I find you absolutely beautiful.” MinHee’s jaw dropped a little and she stared at him in surprise. “I, uh, think I’ve been pretty blatant about it. Maybe not, but still,” He reached up and started rubbing the back of his neck. “So I think you’re perfect, and inspirational, and so strong, but you’re with Jinwoo, and I’m not telling you to leave him or anything I just…” He sighed, pulling off his snapback and pushing his fingers through his hair before putting the hat back on. “I care about you a lot, and as long as you’re happy, I think I’ll be alright. So I think I’m done chasing you, and I hope you’re, uhm, happy with Jinwoo. You guys are cute.”

MinHee’s heart stopped. She couldn’t move, couldn’t speak, couldn’t breathe. Was she that blind? She’d always thought he was screwing around with her, and she was stupid for being attracted to him when it was evident he just saw her as his friend’s sister.

“I really hate myself for saying this but, I think it’s best if I stopped hanging around you all the time. I don’t need to distract you from your life, your relationship or your future. I mean, I’ll still be around, I’ll just make sure it’s less frequent.” He said, shoving his hands into his pockets.

MinHee finally had the nerve to move. She shoved her hand into her pocket and pulled out her phone, writing a message asking if he was being serious. She handed him the phone and he read it quickly. He smiled a little. “Yeah. I guess I am.” He handed her the phone again and smiled. “But, uh, thanks for dealing with me, and for all the hospitality. You’re great MinHee, and I really wish you happiness.”

MinHee’s eyes burned with threatening tears. What was he even talking about? She took a step forward, still looking at her feet. Another step. Finally, she walked into his chest and wrapped her arms around his torso. It took him a moment before he wrapped his arms around her and buried his face in her hair and shoulder. “You’re making this really hard.” He muttered. MinHee pulled back and he looked into her eyes.

Slowly, his face neared hers and, before she could react, they were kissing.

Really kissing.

MinHee released the sparklers, which scattered around their feet, and her fingers knotted in his shirt. He was holding her face to his when MinHee heard the first firework sounding in the sky. Shouts erupted from audience, but MinHee couldn’t care less. What she felt at that moment wouldn’t ever be comparable to the simple pleasure of explosive colors in the sky. The smell of him enveloped her, and she vaguely recalled the jokes about his stench. There was no stench. It was all just… him.

Jackson pulled back first, expression blank as his eyes fell on her lips. She stood on her toes and pressed her lips to his again, wrapping her arms around his neck. His arms found her waist, and he lifted her higher, making it easier for her to reach him. Her heart was racing, and the butterflies in her stomach were a whole new species of bees, fighting to escape. Her fingers dug into the back of his jacket, and she sighed against him.

Finally, the two parted, and Jackson released her, taking a step back. “That, uh…” He his lips and, again, fixed his hat. “That shouldn’t have happened.” He said, before turning and walking away from MinHee.

That shouldn’t have happened? What was he talking about? Was she the only one who had felt anything in that kiss? She sank to her knees, s

Please log in to read the full chapter