The Parents

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

The group of five sat at the massive dining table, surrounded by chandeliers and portraits, all with mounds of food placed in front of them. They dined rather quietly, with Cora’s mother and Henry at either end of the table, Mark and MinHee on the right side, and Cora on the left.

 

“So,” Cora’s mother started after wiping . “Mark dear, I have heard that you are the favorite amongst the fans.”

 

Mark cleared his throat. “Uh, yes ma’am. I think that we’re equal in fans, it just happens to be mine who are the most vocal.”

 

Henry laughed wholeheartedly. “I suppose Cora is a fan.”

 

Cora smiled. “I’d have to be, Henry.” She winked at her stepfather, who laughed harder and tried to reign in his laughter when his wife sent an angered look. “Mom, did you know that Mark studied in America?”

 

“Really? It would explain why your English is so on point.” Her mother watched Mark as he nodded and looked back to his plate. “Are you a dancer as well?”

 

Mark bit the inside of his lip and shrugged. “I suppose you can say that.”

 

Cora laughed. “Better than me, and I’ve studied for years.” Mark let out a sort of breathy laugh and looked to Cora. She gave him a lopsided smile and then looked to her mother. “I will have to show you some of their videos, mother.” She turned back to her plate, pushing around the salad her mother had requested for her. “I once broke my ankle trying to do the dance that Mark does in one of the videos.”

 

“It wasn’t necessarily a dance. She was trying to do the flip that I throw in the middle of one of our songs, but she doesn’t land right after the cartwheel, and it didn’t end well.” Mark offered, still smiling a little.

 

Her mother raised an eyebrow. “Is that when that dance… what was it Henry?”

 

“Battle?” Henry asked, and Cora’s mother nodded.

 

“Yes. That silly thing.”

 

Cora laughed louder than was necessary and nodded her head. “Yes, it was. I twisted my ankle and Mark knew it, so he ran forward, picked me up, and the group of us all fought to get to these taxis. It was pretty daring, really.” Cora looked to Mark and smiled. “I hated him for it.”

 

“Hate him?” Henry asked, looking rather appalled.

 

Cora nodded. “Yes. I thought that it made me look silly in front of everyone, especially my dance crew, that I had to be carried off to the doctors. And then even after the doctors, they gave me crutches and Mark insisted on carrying me.” She shook her head. “I was so annoyed.”

 

Henry laughed and pointed his fork at Cora. “My stepdaughter has always been angsty. I’m impressed anyone can handle her and her mood swings.”

 

“It’s actually not as hard as it seems.” Mark said, clearing his throat. “You see sir, the trick is to carry coffee flavored creme savers with you everywhere you go.” Henry was laughing before Mark could even finish. “They’re a little harder to find, but I’m sure you know, she gets antsy when she doesn’t have sugar, and coffee is her favorite. How can she be mad when you give her coffee flavored sweets.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter