Fun and Games

I GOT IT (GOT7)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Cora threw a protective arm around MinHee. “Should I go get those applications back? I mean, we can swing it, with you at Gusku and me at… well, I’ll find somewhere. And quick. But I don’t think it’s a good idea for us to work there.”

 

MinHee shook her head and pulled back so she could sign. “No. I think it’s time for me to face it. We’ll only be working together, and nothing else. I don’t have to talk to him, I don’t even have to look at him.”

 

Cora nodded. She looked into her friends eyes, a look of complete and utter sympathy passing over her face. “And you’re sure about this?” MinHee nodded. “Let’s not think about it right now. Besides, Jackson’s looking for us.” She said, pointing to the Arcade, where Jackson was pressed against the glass, JB at his side. Both had their hands cupped over their eyes and were staring out at the girls, smiling. “Let’s hurry up before they make bigger fools of themselves.”

 

As the girls neared, they shouted and banged on the glass until one of the nearby workers shook their head and told them to stop. “Hey! How’d the application thing go?” JB asked, throwing an arm around his sister.

 

“They accepted them, if that’s what you’re asking.” Cora announced, crossing her arms behind her back. “They’ll call us this weekend if they consider us. Where’s Mark and Jr.?” She asked, looking around.

 

Jackson laughed. “On the Dance Dance Revolution pad. Jr. was talking big. We placed a bet, if you want in.” He said, nudging Cora. “I bet twenty that Mark will kill Jr.”

 

“I had a little less faith in the dim sum.” JB announced as they neared the game Mark and Jr. were playing. Mark shot a disapproving look over his shoulder and JB laughed. “I put twenty on Jr.”

 

Cora laughed and reached into her pocket, pulling out her wallet. “Twenty on Mark.” She declared, slapping the money into Jackson’s hand.

 

“Hey!” Jr. shouted over his shoulder, making him stumble on one of the moves. “You’ve so little faith in me.”

 

Cora laughed and walked to the side Mark stood on. “Sorry, but if I’m going to be a good beard, I should probably bet for my boyfriend.” She said, winking at Mark, who shook his head. “Just saying.”

 

“What does she mean, beard?” JB asked, nudging his sister.

 

Before she could respond, Jackson answered. “Typically it’s used for when someone uses someone as a cover. Like, in this case, Mark didn’t really say that they were together, but if Cora were to continue this by pretending they were, for his sake, she’d be considered a beard.” MinHee turned and looked at Jackson, stunned, and he shrugged. “Picked up a bit of slang is all.”

 

With one last stomp on the board, Jr. was pronounced the winner, at which time JB shot his hand out to collect his money from Jackson. “I can’t believe either of you bet against me! I’m so good at that game. I can take you, JB!”

 

Mark slumped towards Jackson, Cora, and MinHee as JB and Jr. leapt onto the machine to take another go. “You just cost me ten dollars! I hope letting him win was worth it.” Cora whispered, knowing Jr. wouldn’t hear her, as she punched Mark’s shoulder.

 

He smiled and grabbed at her fist. “I’ll pay you back.” He said, catching her hand and pulling her arm so she shot towards him. “Probably shouldn’t gamble.” He said, winking at her.

 

Jackson stopped what he’d been doing and turned to look at Mark. “Did I just hear that correctly?” He asked through clenched teeth. “Did you really let JB win thirty dollars off me?” Cora threw in an ‘and me’ but it was ignored. “I hope you plan on paying me too.” He said, inching towards Mark.

 

Playfully, Mark grabbed Cora’s arm. “Oh no! Jackson smash!” He shouted, wrapping an arm around Cora’s waist and pushing her forwards. He ushered her along as he ran through the Arcade, bringing her with him.

 

Jackson stared after them, clearly annoyed. “What a jerk.” He huffed, turning to MinHee, who had her arms pinned to her chest in a sort of defensive stance. “Do you want to go play something?” He asked, and MinHee shook her head so fast she felt her hair whipping her face and neck.



 

Mark and Cora came to a stop at the very edge of the Arcade, between the gap that lead to the amusement park portion of the building. Both were heaving. Mark had his hands on his hips and was looking up, smiling. Cora had her hands on her knees and was bending over. “Jeez. Was the worth it?” She asked, punching Mark’s side.

 

He grabbed his side and then grabbed at her, but she danced out of the way. “I’d say so.”

 

She laughed and, when she looked up, realized there was, in fact, a handful of rollercoasters inside of the Arcade. “Wow. I’ve never been to an Arcade with rides.”

 

Mark looked over and nodded. “Indoor amusement park.” All the lights were off and everything glowed. “It’s pretty cool. Do you want to go inside?” He asked, nudging her forward. She smiled at him and

Please log in to read the full chapter