Confrontation

Our Entwined Destinies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I entered class one morning but to my dismay there was nowhere to sit; JiEun was sat beside Minha and the only place left for me was either beside Jungkook or beside V. Reluctantly I dragged myself to the spare chair beside V and sat down with a huff.

“Glad you found your way back.” He joked and smirked but I just rolled my eyes.

“I was never lost; I intentionally didn’t find my way.” I replied and quickly glanced at him before I gave the teacher my attention.

 

We were set partner work to discuss the book we were reading in English, Pride and Prejudice, then we were meant to write about the chemistry between Mr Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett. V and I were also working with Jungkook since the class had an odd number.

“I think the chemistry comes from their love-hate relationship.” Jungkook suggested and then lent back in his chair like the job was done.

“That can’t just be it.” I objected and flicked through the book.

“Why can’t it? Hate is the closest emotion to love, supposedly.” V joined the conversation and I sighed.

“Yeah, I suppose so, but can arguing constantly make you attracted to someone?” I replied to the ridiculous statement.

“They weren’t really arguing constantly, they were just letting their pride get in the way.” V informed me and I sighed. “Mr Darcy didn’t want to admit his feelings for Elizabeth because she was poor, and Elizabeth refused her feelings possibly because of his rich background and the way he ruined her sister’s relationship. That’s why it’s called Pride and Prejudice.” V smirked and I let out a groan of frustration.

“A minute ago it was about how their arguments caused them to become attracted to each other.” I reminded him and he shrugged in response.

“The rate you two argue, does that mean you’re attracted to each other.” Jimin interrupted and Jungkook laughed at the comment. He high-fived the BTS member and I just shook my head in annoyance at their behaviour. I placed my arms on the table then lay my head on top of them.

“Don’t take it so seriously, it’s only a small task.” V spoke in my ear and I sighed. How could he say that to me, when he seemed determined to have the right answer? The smallest things they did stressed me out, why were BTS so hard to work with?

 

In the break between lessons I excused myself to go to the bathroom, but I never actually got there. MissA blocked my way and stood with their arms folded and disapproving looks on their faces.

“What have I done now?” I asked and Fei stepped forward.

“Suzy told us about your discussion in class with our Kingkas.” She mentioned and I shrugged. Why did our English task mat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter