Distraction

Our Entwined Destinies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My training was vigorous throughout the holidays, I’d train for hours with my father and when I had a break, I went and trained with V, even though my father thought I was with Jiyeon. It was tiring but I wasn’t going to quit.

It was Christmas Eve and I was getting ready to go meet V. I ran downstairs after changing and walked up to my parents in the kitchen.

“I’m off to go meet Jiyeon.” I smiled and waved to them, but as I turned to walk away my father stopped me.

“Hold on, it’s Christmas Eve, shouldn’t you be spending it with your family?” My father questioned and I pulled a face before I turned around to face them both.

“But Jiyeon is waiting.” I lied and he sighed.

“You’ve seen Jiyeon a lot this week; we would appreciate it if you would stay here tonight since we have associates coming over for a meal.” My mother chimed in and I instantly knew that I had lost the argument. I sighed and sat down on a chair nearby.

“When are they getting here?” I asked as I crossed one leg over the other.

“Any minute now actually, make sure to be nice.” My mother enthused as she tried to tidy up my appearance. She tucked my hair behind my ear and I immediately sorted my hair out the way I liked it. I gave a look of disbelief to my Father and he just shrugged with a smile.

“Calm down, honey, it will be fine.” He tried to sooth my Mother’s anxious behaviour. It actually seemed like it was working until the doorbell rang only seconds later.

 She pulled away from my Father and scurried towards the front door. She opened it to reveal a couple about the same age as them. They both stepped into the house with pleasant smiles on their faces.

“Andy, Rachel; I’m so glad you could make it” My mother greeted the foreign couple with a smile and my father walked to her side. He shook Andy’s hand as the two women conversed.

“Ah, this must be Mark; he’s grown into such a handsome young man.” My mother spoke up and it grabbed my attention. Who was Mark? I stared in shock as my parents turned to face me. “Jinah, come over and greet our guests.” My mother smiled as she closed the door. I noticed the one known as mark with his red hair and charming smile. I immediately clicked onto the situation and let out a sigh.  My father walked over when I didn’t move and I frowned at him.

“Whose idea was this?” I questioned him and he sighed.

“Your mother’s, but Mark is a nice young man. I think you’ll get along well together.” My father excused and led me from my seat to where our guests had sat down in the living room. My father stood me beside Mark whilst he sat down and talked with the rest of the adults. It was awkward; I was stood with a guy I didn’t know when I should have been with my boyfriend.

 

“You can relax; I know nothing is gonna happen.” Mark muttered quietly to me. I stared at him, confused by his words and he just smiled. “I know about you and V.” He dropped the bombshel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter