Liberated

Our Entwined Destinies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

+ + Ilhoon’s P.O.V + +

I followed V’s instructions, despite not wanting to, and met up with Mark. I filled him in on the situation since he, too, had gotten the text from Jinah asking for help. BTS was ready to back us up if we got bombarded by guards around V, but I was certain that the two of us could handle any guards. We reached the office of V’s father and I glanced up at the large building before we entered. V had text that he was somewhere in the bottom floor of the building, so we just had to find out which room he was in. Getting into the building was no problem, but then we had to slyly take employee cards to get into the basement level since it was off limits to anyone but staff.

Eventually we found the stairs to the basement and glanced at each other. I nodded to Mark to be on the lookout for indications of V’s location. We couldn’t exactly run through the level whilst calling out his name, it would draw to much attention to ourselves.

We crept through the basement level, stealthily staying close to the wall as we moved just in case someone spotted us. We went round multiple corners, but after one I suddenly stopped and hid behind the wall. I signalled for Mark to remain quiet and we both listened out as we heard people conversing just around the corner. I subtly glanced at the people, who I presumed were guarding the room where V was being held. There were only 2 of them, but they both had a muscular build. Did they not take into account the fact that people might try and free him?

I turned back to look at Mark, who seemed like he was expecting me to have some sort of plan or information about what to do next, but in all honesty, I didn’t.

“On the count of 3, we’re both gonna run up and ambush the guards.” I told him bluntly, in a whispered voice and he rolled his eyes at my simple and not well thought out plan.

“I can’t believe V trusted you to carry out this ‘rescue’ mission.” Mark shook his head and I just shook my head and returned my attention to the guards.

“Ready? 1...2...3.” I whispered to him and then we both ran round the corner, attacking one of the guards each. We kicked, punched and generally fought our way to the room until both guards were on the floor, presumed to be unconscious. I frowned as I thought to myself about the simplicity of the takedown; was it too easy? I shrugged the thought away, with an alternative which was that I had just become a better fighter.

 

We released V from the locked room and he briefly thanked and greeted Mark and I. I glanced around for signs of other people and the uneasy feeling was still inside.

“I hate to cut this romantic reunion short, but maybe we should leave now.” I spoke up and V nodded in agreement.

The three of us ran back the way Mark and I had entered, but as we reached the main level with the entrance, we were forced to come to a st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter