Prologue

Our Entwined Destinies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two men stood in front of each other as rain poured down on them. They had been rivals ever since they were young boys. The rivalry between their two families, the Lee family and the Kim family, had been imprinted into their minds as they grew up and they didn’t know how to think anything else. Both were drenched with rain and mud from the ground. That was the second fight they had been in that week, but they were not allowed to give in no matter how injured they were. To give in would be like proving to their families that they were weak.

The two young men got back on their feet from the previous round of the fight. Lee Minjoon, the eldest son in the Lee family, spat blood onto the rain soaked muddy ground then wiped his mouth with the back of his bruised hand. Kim Taeheon, only son to the Kim family, stood in front of his rival, ready for any attack that would come his way, he would not lose focus, despite the large amount of pain that he was in.

It was clear that there would be no victor in that battle and if they were to continue, surely one or both of them would end up dead.

Minjoon ran at Taeheon with his fist raised, but as he neared to his opponent he slowed down and ultimately stopped in front of him.

“What are you doing?!” Taeheon shouted angrily, still on guard in case it was some kind of trick; little did he know that it was no trick. Minjoon sighed and his arm fell limp to his side.

“I can’t do this.” Minjoon muttered and looked up at Taeheon. “If this goes on, we could both die.” He stated realistically and Taeheon shoved his enemy back.

“That doesn’t matter; we have to finish this for our families!” Taeheon’s voice bellowed through the empty street and Minjoon sighed once more before he looked up with a fiery look in his eyes.

“SCREW OUR FAMILIES!” He roared and for a moment, Taeheon’s thoughts of anger and violence vanished. He thought to himself; what if they weren’t rivals? What if he wasn’t made to fight? “Haven’t you ever wondered what your life would be like if we weren’t part of this feud?” Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter