Unblessed

Our Entwined Destinies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure you want to do this?” V asked me as we both stood outside the door to my home. I glanced at the door which suddenly seemed a lot more intimidating. It was the only thing between us and my parents. I glanced back at V and he gently squeezed my hand in support. I smiled but on the inside a million questions were running through my head. What would my parents say? How would they react? Would they accept V or would they turn him away like V’s father did to me?

“I’m ready.” I took a deep breath and led V through the front door and into the house.

“Jinah, is that you?” My father’s voice called out to me and within moments both of my parents were in the doorway with V and me.  My father’s eyes landed on V then slowly drifted down to our interlocked fingers. I could already see the reaction on his face, the disappointed expression hurt me on the inside but I remained composed on the outside.

“Appa, this is Kim Taehyung, my boyfriend.” I spoke and I could see his expression change between disappointment, anger and sadness.

“Kim Taehyung, Taeheon’s eldest son.” My father stated and I nodded.

“I know, Appa, I know all about it but I refuse to let it control how I feel.” I told him and looked down at the ground. I felt like such a disappointment to him at that moment, but that stupid feud wasn’t going to stop me from being with V.

“I’m sorry, Jinah.” My father’s sullen words hit me hard and I looked up to see him walk away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter