Charade

Our Entwined Destinies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I exited school one afternoon with Jiyeon and saw Mark waiting for us. My birthday was only a few days away so we were discussing what we could all do, including BTS obviously. I could tell that V missed spending time with me especially after he kicked off that day.

I was by Mark’s car and Jiyeon had climbed into the backseat. I opened the passenger’s door but my arm was roughly pulled back and I spun around to face the culprit.

I was surprised when I came face to face with V.

“What are you doing?” I raised my voice and placed my hand on my arm. It wasn’t a planned argument so I had no idea how to act or what to say.

“What are you doing getting into his car?” V asked and I frowned.

“Calm down, what is going on with you?” I spoke, worried that he thought something was actually happening. People were starting to look on at the situation and I got very conscious of the fact that V could have slipped up at any moment.

“I miss you.” His words came out and I knew that he meant them. “Come with me, not him.” V tried to reason but Mark stepped out of the car and girls started to whisper as the two guys stood opposite each other. The situation felt tense and it was entirely my fault.

“She’s fine with me; I can take care of her.” Mark spoke up and more whispers were heard. “Go, she’ll text you later.” Mark whispered and V sighed. He glared at Mark and glanced at me once more.

“Don’t forget, I’ll wait for you.” He muttered so no one could hear and put on an act as he stormed off in a rage. Mark held my door open as I got in the car and he got back in the driver’s side.

“Well that was unexpected.” I muttered as the three of us set off towards Jiyeon’s house.

“I know right, I actually thought he was pissed at you and Mark.” Jiyeon chuckled and I just smiled. I felt so guilty that I was hurting V unintentionally. I actually hoped that the whole charade could end soon.

 

That evening I lay on my bed as I phoned V. It rang a few times before he answered and I instantly felt relieved since he wasn’t in a mood with me.

“Hey, what are you doing on Thursday?” I questioned him and he sighed.

“I’m busy, why is it something important?” He replied and I sat up in shock. I went quiet and didn’t reply but then I suddenly heard him laughing down the phone. “I’m joking; I know it’s your birthday. What do you have in mind?” He replied and instantly felt relaxed.

“I just want to spend time with you; it would be the best birthday present ever.” I replied and smiled to myself and I knew he was smiling too.

“I’m sure that can be arranged.” He spoke and I nodded even though he couldn’t se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter