Conflict

Our Entwined Destinies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walked through my front door and sighed. Being around V wasn’t going to be easy with Donghae staying. I entered the living room and saw my parents sat on the sofa, and opposite them was my cousin, Donghae.

“Jinah, come sit.” My mother smiled and motioned to the space beside Donghae.

“Your cousin has had a long journey, come and greet him.” My father spoke and I walked over to Donghae. I bowed politely and sat down beside him. He embraced me and I lightly patted his back in response.

“You’ve grown so much since I last saw you.” Donghae stated and I nodded with a smile.

“Thanks, and you’ve got more handsome oppa, you must have all the ladies swooning.” I chuckled and he shook his head.

“Not at all, I’m taking a break from the dating life and spending more time with family.” He smiled and ruffled my hair playfully. Truthfully, when we were younger we used to be really close. He’s the brother I always wanted.

 

As some time passed, Donghae and I were left to talk alone. We were both relaxed on the sofa and we spoke about my friends and school.

“Your father tells me you’ve had some trouble with bullies.” He mentioned and my head shot up to look at him. Did he tell him about V?

“It was just a group of girls and they only beat me once. I could handle them the other times.” I informed him and he just nodded.

“He also mentioned a boy, was he the reason you went back to Gwangju?” He questioned and I shook my head.

“Everything is alright now; he takes care of me, even though I don’t need him to.” I smiled and looked up at my cousin. He gave me a smile and ruffled my hair lightly. I smacked his hand away with a chuckle.

“I’m not a child any more, Oppa. You can’t keep treating me like one.” I told him and he just smiled in response.

“You’ll always be younger than me, so I’ll always feel the need to look after you.” He told me and I looked down as I played with my fingers. “Let me drive you to school tomorrow, we can talk some more.” He suggested and I just nodded.

“Sure, that would be nice.” I smiled and we both decided to go to bed.

 

Donghae took me to school the next morning, but we arrived too early so we just sat in the car for a while. We spoke about his job, his family, school and my friends. Before I knew it, time flew by and many students had shown up to school, amongst those I could see Jia and Suzy. A group of guys gathered nearby and I opened the car door.

“I’m gonna go now, Oppa. I can see my friends.” I closed the door and he lowered the window. “I’ll see you later.” I waved.

“Do you want me to pick you up after school?” He questioned but I shook my head.

“No, I’ll be fine with my friends. Bye, Oppa.” I waved and ran over to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter