Apart

Our Entwined Destinies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Over the next few days things were quiet at my house, my father still wouldn’t say anything and my mother wasn’t sure how to deal with the silence. At school things were usual except I didn’t feel like socialising much except when BTS spoke to me or forced me to join in.

 

My family was taking me to Gwangju that weekend; they thought, well, my father thought that getting away from V for a few days would somehow make our relationship and feelings disappear. I didn’t understand why he can’t just let me be happy. I left school on the Friday afternoon with V by my side. I noticed my father sat in his car and sighed. I faced away from his sight and looked in V’s direction.

“Are you sure you don’t have any time to spare?” V questioned as he wound his arms around my waist. I nodded and placed my hands on his neck.

“My father wants me home as soon as possible so that we can get to Gwangju before it’s too late, and you should want to impress my father, so we should obey his rule.” I enlightened V and he sighed. His lips met mine and I smiled as I kissed him back.

“I’ll miss you, call me later.” He told me and I kissed him once more before I pulled away.

“I’ll be back on Sunday and we can meet up.” I promised him and quickly kissed him once then walked away. I turned back and waved before I carried on walking towards my father’s car.

 

“I know you’re persistent in making us acknowledge that you’re with Taehyung, but-” My father started but I interrupted him.

“You’re right I am persistent; I really like him which is why you don’t have permission to give me your thoughts on our relationship, I hope I made that clear enough. Keep away from V.” I warned my father and then the two of us just drove away from the school and to our home.

We picked up my mother from home and then the three of us set off for Gwangju. It was a quiet car journey since none of us spoke to each other. My phone buzzed and I took it out of my bag. I saw that I had a message from V, but as I was about to read it my father snatched my phone from my grasp.

“Appa, what are you doing?!” I shouted in anger.

“This is a family weekend; you may not interact with that boy until we are home.” My father put my phone in his pocket and I sighed as I just stared out the window. Was he just deliberately making me miserable?

 

That evening was just as quiet as the journey. I spent most of my time in my room and when I did see my parents, I ignored my father.

“Jinah, honey, it’s not your father’s fault.” My mother tried to reason with me and I shook my head. “He just wants what’s best for you.” She took his side and I sighed.

“If he wanted what was best for me, he’d let me be happy with Taehyung.” I told her and held out my hand. “Can I have my phone back, please; I’ll need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter