Danger

Our Entwined Destinies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

+ + V’s P.O.V + +

The car ride with my father was silent and tense. He hadn’t said anything, which was unusual for him. Normally he’d be complaining about Jinah.

“Where are we going, Father?” I questioned him and glanced his way as a smile graced his face. I frowned at his reaction and he chuckled a bit to himself.

“It’s a surprise, but after this journey, you’ll know who you really are.” He cryptically spoke and I growled in frustration and turned to look out the window as I watched familiar scenery float by.

 

We arrived at our destination and I glanced around through the window; I didn’t recognise anything but as my father stepped out of the car I followed his suit. The only way I could describe it was similar in looks to an alley but more open.

“Father, what are we really doing here?” I questioned as I desperately tried to think of a reason. He turned to me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

“I told you, I’m going to show you who you really are.” He smirked and pulled out a gun. I stepped back in shock and he held it out towards me. “Take it, trust me; you’ll need it here.” He warned me but I shook my head.

“I don’t need a gun. I’m not going to shoot anything.” I told him and turned away.

“Think of it as a means of self defence, didn’t Jinah’s father give you that black eye?” My father noticed and I looked down but nodded slowly. “What if he pulls a gun on you next time? You need to be prepared, Taehyung-ah.” He forced the gun into my hand and I just stared at the weapon, not really sure of what to do. Did I really need a gun? Jinah’s father may hate me, but I didn’t think he’d ever shoot me.

 

“Come on, let’s go get some practice.” My father spoke and started walking somewhere. I followed in confusion.

“What do you mean practice? Are there targets round here?” I questioned but as we rounded a corner it all became clear what he meant. I stared in shock as some of my father’s men had hold of a man who was tied up and had tape over his mouth.

“What the hell is going on?!” I questioned in anger and went towards the man, but my father held me back. I glared down at his hand on my arm before I looked at his face.

“Take the safety off.” He muttered and I clicked a switch on the gun in my hand. “Son, I want you to shoot this man.” As those words left his mouth it felt like my mind went blank for a brief moment. He wanted me to shoot someone? Was he being serious?! I shook my head before I pushed my father back a step.

“NO, WHY WOULD I EVER DO THAT?” I shouted angrily and he stepped towards me again.

“This man has caused so much trouble for our family. Do you remember that group of men that kept troubling you and your friends not long ago?” He questioned and I thought back to the time Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter