Plan

Our Entwined Destinies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I awoke one morning of the weekend and got out of bed with a smile on my face. The past week had been great, to a point that it felt unrealistic. I tried to remember a time when I was that happy, but no specific moment came to mind. I relaxed in bed for a few minutes before I had to rush to the bathroom, stupid sickness.

A knock came on the bathroom door and I froze.

“Jinah, are you in there?” My mother’s voice called out and I sighed, could she have picked a worse timing? “I just thought I’d let you know that Mark has arrived.” She told me and I frowned in confusion as I checked my watch; he was early to meet me.

“Okay, I’ll be down soon. I’m just getting ready.” I told her and heard her walk away. I sighed as I flushed the chain then proceeded to wash my hands and face. That was close; I don’t know how much longer I could keep the pregnancy a secret from my parents.

I entered my room and quickly picked some clothes to wear, I chose black skinny jeans, a white top and blue cardigan, something simple but comfortable. I ran down stairs to meet Mark and he greeted me with a hug. Just as we were leaving the house my mother called to me and I stopped to look back at her.

“Jinah, I’m going to the market later, is there anything you want?” She questioned me and I thought for a moment before I nodded.

“Can you get me some fruit, please?” I questioned and she nodded with a smile that made her eyes look like crescent moons.

“Of course, you two have fun.” She spoke as she continued to smile.

 

Mark and I didn’t have anything planned for our time together, but thought it would be fun to spend time together since the last time I saw was on our double date, which as I recall ended with me being ill.

“I know I haven’t said it yet, but congratulations.” He smiled as we just walked round the streets of Seoul. I smiled and placed my hand on my stomach.

“Thanks, I wasn’t sure how everything would work out, but in the end it did.” I looked up at him. He chuckled and nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, glad that V finally came to his senses.” Mark joked and I laughed along with him. “What is he doing today?” Mark questioned but all I could do was shrug.

“I’m not really sure, he said he had some other stuff to tend to and figure out.” I informed him. “It seemed important, so I didn’t really pry much on the topic. He’ll tell me when he’s ready.” I finished and as if on cue, my phone started to ring. I pulled it from my pocket and smiled. “Speak of the devil.” I spoke indicating that V was the caller. I answered my phone and held it to my ear.

“Hey, what’s up?” I questioned him and he was quiet for a m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter