Those Popular People

Our Entwined Destinies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

+ + Jinah’s P.O.V + +

I woke up on the morning which was the day I joined my new school, BH high school. I got dressed in my new uniform which consisted of a white blouse, a grey skirt, a navy blue jumper and a black tie. I sorted my hair and appearance out for a few more minutes, since I wanted to make a good impression, then I went downstairs for breakfast.

“Morning, Umma and Appa” I smiled cheerfully and greeted both of them. I hugged my father and kissed my mother lovingly on the cheek as she cooked us breakfast.

“Are you excited for your first day, Jinah?” My father asked as I took my seat beside him. I thought for a moment then nodded.

“I hope I make a good impression, although I will miss my old friends.” I pouted sadly at the thought of the friends I had left behind.

 

After breakfast I grabbed my school bag and checked my appearance once more in the mirror. I went to leave but my father called out to me.

“Jinah, make sure you come straight home after school today, okay?” My father reminded me and I nodded with a sigh. He always said that whenever I left the house alone. “I’m just looking out for you; it’s not safe for you alone.” He added and I looked down at the floor. He embraced me and kissed my head lovingly and then pulled away.

“I know, Appa, you don’t need to remind me.” I told him and shot him a smile as I exited the house.

My parents had offered to give me a lift to school, but I wanted to get the bus on my first day. It was an opportunity to meet new people, even though my dad warned me not to talk to strangers. How old did he think I was?

 

I stopped off at a convenience store on my way to the bus stop, there were many students buying snacks and food for their day at school, most of them seemed to be from BH high. I bought some food for lunch then exited the shop, but as I did so a group of guys walked in the direction of the shop. I noticed that they had a uniform similar to mine on, although theirs wasn’t worn proper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter