Cold

The Blonde Hair Guy

 

 

             I limped across the room, trying my best not to make any evident sound so I won't wake the girls up. It was already in the morning and I wanted to take some fresh air, maybe jog around the campus area.

             I looked at my ankle, checking if it was still swollen and gladly, it had recovered. I sighed to myself thinking about the incident yesterday when Daehyun tried to bring me to my dorm.

            Was I being too harsh? No, he deserved it and he would know that I was really angry at him.

            The girls all heaved a sigh of immense relief when they saw me coming into the door late at night yesterday. They thought I was kidnapped and with the swollen ankle of mine, I wasn't able to do anything that much without their supervision.

             I needed some time for myself and I thought that it would at least do me some good if I were to jog. I took a quick shower and slipped into my gym clothes. It took a whole 20 minutes to figure out the route for the campus. I decided to take a small jog around the perimeter of the camp.

            I plugged in my earpiece and jogged, matching my running pace with the rhythm. I sniffed in the morning dew scent and let out a heavy sigh. I jogged for a whole 30 minutes and rested my throbbing ankle. The pain came back but this time it was like a sharp pain stabbing through the wound itself.

            I settled myself down the bench and grabbed the throbbing ankle. I wanted to ice my ankle but I was too far away from the main campus and my hurting ankle wouldn't probably allow me to go that far. Before I knew it, someone grabbed my leg and placed it over his thighs, helping me to ice my bruised ankle.

            Daehyun.

            His eyebrows furrowed, full of concentration as he placed the ice pack at it's right position. I looked at his beautiful miniature features and admired it for a second. I loved how focused and kid-like he looked when he was putting his whole concentration and making sure my ankle was alright.

            I took the ice pack away from him, "Thanks but you don't have to." I sounded cold, which was not my usual self but I didn't want to lose myself to Daehyun, thinking that I was not angry anymore.

            But this time Daehyun insisted and growled when I took it away from him. Instead, he yanked the ice pack away from me and continued icing my leg. "I have to. I can't let my girlfriend suffer it alone." His voice croaked as he said it.

            Unexpectedly, my cold and hard heart softened a little. Looking at how concentrated he was, I felt a sense of love again. I looked at his face which had a few wrinkles when he furrowed his eyebrows as I cringed everytime the ice pack hit the right spot at the throbbing pain.

            "How did you find me?" I asked, really touched by the fact that he he had  bothered to help me.

            "Not important. Let's get you treated. I told you not to over exert it since it's not recovered fully." Daehyun's voice was low and almost like he was angry.

             Somehow, I felt small and helpless when he insisted on these things. Daehyun put the ice pack down and brushed his hands on his jeans, leaving the dirt on the ground. I was expecting him to walk away and leave me alone like how he did when Hyuna was with him.

             Without thinking much, Daehyun lowered down his upper body, telling me to get on his back. "It's alright, I can walk." I inisisted, not wanting to make him a burden.

             "I'm your boyfriend and you listen to me. Now, get on before I do it for you." His voice sounded rather intimidating. I could sense that he was half worried and a little grumpy.

             There was no way I'm going to walk to the campus back. I sighed, knowing that being piggy backed by Daehyun is the only way to save my ankle for now. Afterall, he is still my boyfriend. I got onto my foot and climbed up his back, my stomach in while trying my best to loosen up my weight so that it would not be so heavy for him to carry me around.

             "You're not heavy, so stop in your stomach." A small smirk formed at the end of Daehyun's mouth. I scrunched up my nose, caught red handed.

              Without knowing, I slung my arms onto his neck and leaned my head onto his back. I liked the feeling of it. I liked the feeling of being able to hold Daehyun and be in his protective arms again.

             We finally reached the clinic and Daehyun let me down from his back. "Miss, here please." A nurse directed me to an observation room to take a look at my throbbing ankle.

              I held onto the sides of the counter as a support but Daehyun then held my arm, allowing him to be my support. I looked at him weirdly because of his drastic change in being caring. Daehyun didn't meet my eyes and instead, he continued leading me to the room. I had to lie down on a bed while the doctors examined my ankle.

             "I assumed that you didn't get ample of rest which is why the nerves in your ankle had clogged the blood from passing through it and making it bruise twice the amount." The doctor put a little pressure on my ankle, making me whinced in pain as I squeezed Daehyun's hands. I just needed someone to be here with me and comfort me, handling this pain.

             The doctor put some gel onto the ankle, trying to reduce it's bruise. I cringed upon the contact, squeezing Daehyun's soft hands again. The pain was so different but I held onto it.

              Cold sweats started to form on my forehead when the doctor injected a needle into my veins, to allow the blood clogged up break free. I didn't see why injected something into my body would affect my ankle but I couldn't break free from the grips that felt like death.

             Daehyun saw me hissing in pain. He tucked a few strands of my hair that was stuck on my face to the back of my ear. He then carressed my cheek gently. I flinched upon the contact.

             "Now, I suggest that you better rest more so that your ankle will recover faster. Since you didn't get enough rest, the blood was clogging your veins and making it really numb thus swollen. It was a good thing that the medicine that wwe injected in you had reduced the blood clog if not, let's just say other bad things would happen to your leg." The doctor wrapped the bandage around my ankle.

              "Thank you doctor." Daehyun bowed and pulled me up from the bed. 

               I waited in the room for the doctor to prescribe some medication. There was a totally awkward silence in the thin air around the two of us. "Why did you bother to bring me here?" Those words suddenly flew out of my mouth without planning.

                Daehyun looked tacken aback. My voice was cold and surely still grumpy. Somehow, there was still a little anger left in me. Daehyun didn't even apologised to me and he's acting all nice.

                 He bit his lip, "Are you mad at me?" 

                 I feel like ripping his head off when he keeps asking the same question all over again. "For the 100th time, I'm fine!" I faked a smile and rolled my eyes.

                 Daehyun sighed and took a seat beside me, holding onto my hands. I tried to slip my hands away form his but he grabbed it, not wanting to let go. "Look, I'm sorry that I"ve been a jerk. I just can't stop her." 

                 "What do you mean you can't stop her? You can." I looked at him. "For a matter of fact, you can just tell her to get lost." I raised my voice a little. I never wanted to start an argument but if Daehyun can't realise, then I had to tell him.

                 I thought at that point, everything would be fine and Daehyun would just apologise. But, I was wrong. Definitely wrong. The most unexpected words came out from his mouth, making me think that I was not worth his time anymore.

                 "You have to stop being like a little , so overprotective over me." Daehyun lowered his gaze.

                 "M-Mwoh?" I stuttered, couldn't believe a single thing that came out from his mouth. 

                 "You can't even see me being with other girls. They are artists too and we have to be closer to one another!" Daehyun admitted. My hands became weak, unable to hold onto anything.

                 Did I just heard what I think I just heard? 

                  "That's because I love you! I tried to stop you but I coudn't.." My voice trailed off, holding onto these stupid tears. Daehyun huffed and looked at me in annoyance.

                 "If you do love me, then let me mingle around with other girl artists. It's as if I have to always follow what you say." The once nice and delicate Jung Daehyun was now, cold and hard-headed.

                  Daehyun glanced at my ankle and left the room without any words. I was stunned, shocked. I looked at the wall in front of me and tears started rolling down my cheeks. I couldn't believe Daehyun would say that.

                   I couldn't fight his words. I just couldn't. A .... Those words stung my heart but it definitely stabbed me in my heart when Daehyun said it. 

                   Was this how we're going to end?

 

~NARRATOR'S POV~

                   

                    Daehyun went outside, ruffling his head. He too, couldn't believe that those words came out form his mouth. Nonetheless, he felt relieved that his troubles suddenly were free.

                  "The worse is if she didn't try to protect you at all and before you know it, you've lost someone you ever cared about."

                 Youngjae's words echoed in his head. He huffed, maybe this was not working out the way he planned it to be.

 

didn't saw that coming did ya

omg i read all of your comments and gahhh why are all of you so cuteee!