Finding Dad

The Blonde Hair Guy

The next day, everything went to normal. Everyone was alright but not me. I felt better after listening to the explanations and the support from Daehyun but this certain feeling I have inside of me still bugged.

I couldn't help feeling guilty and anger fumed inside of me when I heard SeunJi's name. She is my mother but I don't call her by the name "Mom" anymore. What's the point calling her my mom when she left me, thinking that I'm not fit enough to be her daughter.

Dad..... Is he okay now? 

I've not been focusing in class for the past few days and Daehyun got worried. Extremely worried. I would often be spazzing out and think about something else. My troubled face would bring worriedness to Daehyun. If only I could find Dad.... If only he knows that I care for him. If only he knows that he should settle these things.

I would tend to tell Daehyun what was bugging me and he inisted to stay calm, everything will be fine. I once told him that I would be finding my Dad and he exploded with anger.

He loved me and he didn't want me to get hurt anymore.

That day, I decided already. I have to go and find my dad. No matter what happens, I have to find him and be there for him. Crazy thoughts ran into my mind straight away. What if he's drunk at that time and he would attack me? Will he assault me like before? Please appa, don't do this.

My mind was flustered but I stayed strong and brushed the thoughts aside. If I'm going to find Dad, I have to muster my courage and confront everything that's coming into my way. I'm a fearless girl and I will attack a guy if I have to. 

Should I tell this to Daehyun? Must he know about this? 

No. Don't make him involved. I can't bear to see him hurt and worried again.

Mianhe Daehyun oppa, I have to do this alone.

It was 8p.m and I quickly changed into a varsity jacket and some skinny jeans. To top of with that, I wore a snapback and made my way to the front door. "Yoora darling, where are you going at this time?" Aunt Soori asked. 

I gripped the sides of my phone and my palms became sweaty. I was never good at lying and I had to go now. No choice but I tried my best to actually lie. "I h-have some tutor lesson with Da-Daehyun. I'll come back later, no worries" I stuttered but managed to speak it well and quickly dashed outside the house.

I wore my converse shoes and stared into the scenery. Where should I start looking for him.... I walked down the stoned path and stared at the ground. I kicked some pebbles and was frustrated at myself.

"Kwon Yoora, how can you not know where to go at the first place? Aish jinja, you're such a ..." I mumbled under my breath. Then, my eyes lit up. Finally, I remembered.

Dad used to tell me that he was living at a place near his old workplace in this area. I remembered vividly where his workplace was and my feet started to walk quickly to the bust stop.

Waiting for the bus seemed like a long time. Finally, I boarded the bus and took a seat. The bus door opened and loud chatters started to fill the bus. I looked up from my snapback and was shocked to see Youngjae, Zelo and Jongup taking a seat at the back of the bus.

My eyes widened. They can't see me here. If they do, they're going to ask me lots of questions and I can't bear to lie anymore. I at lying at that's the last thing that I wanted to do. 

"Hahaha.... Hyung, doesn't that girl looked familiar?" Zelo whispered.

"Which one? Oh, that? How can you know she looked familiar when you're looking only at her back?" Youngjae smacked his dongsaeng's head.

"Ani, look properly. The way she dress and that hair..... looks familiar right?" Zelo whispered again.

I bit my lip and scrunched my nose when I heard what they were whispering. I straightened up my back and adjusted my snapback. I held the sides of my phone and stared at the floor.

"Eo... She does. Her dressing style is like Yoora. Her hair too. Could it be....?" Youngjae asked.

Youngjae and Zelo started murmuring some words, leaving Jongup in a confused state. "Which one hyung? I'm confused" Jongup asked and looked at his two other members, blankly.

"There.... Pay attention!" Youngjae pointed at my back and pinched Jongup's arms. Jongup squealed a little and rubbed his arms. I felt 3 pairs of eyes staring at my back and I felt really uneasy.

When will this bus stop? Then, I felt a presence behind me and someone was definitely sitting behind my seat. A pair of hands shook my shoulder and politely said, "Annyeonghaseyo, by any chance do we know each other?" 

It was Youngjae. While, the two maknaes looked at their hyung, diligently.

I bit my lip again and stared at the ground. I didn't know what to say. Should I fake or lie again? I took a glance outside the window and realised that I was near at my Dad's workplace.

Or should I even make a run for it?

I changed my voice into a higher pitch and adjusted my snapback again while holding to it's front. I looked down, avoiding Youngjae, Zelo and Jongup's gaze. "Sorry, I don't know you. I have to go".

My hazelnut brown hair was long, allowing it to hide my face. Without hesitation, I quicken my pace when the bus door opened. I alighted the bus and walked a little faster, away from the bus.

"Hyung, I don't think she is Yoora noona" Zelo chirped in.

"Ani, I think she is. I have this feeling that it's her and she didn't want us to know. Let's follow her guys" Youngjae insisted and soon, he was dragging two high-school boys with him.

Phew, that was close. Really close.

I put my hands into the pocket nd made my way to Dad's workplace. It took around 10 minutes to arrive at his old workplace. Soon, I saw a tall and huge building looking down at me.

Beside it, I saw a 5 storey building which was used by the worker's there as a dorm. Dad once told me that. I made my way to the 5 storey building and took a look inside it.

Everything was filthy. The stenching smell was unbearable and I took a step inside. I walked up the squeaky stairs and made my way to one of the rooms. The building itself looked abandoned.

Nobody was really there to live. The smell was really disgusting. I held my breath and took a step inside the room. Nobody, no one there. Then, I heard a grunting sound from the other room across it.

I was dead in my tracks when I heard the grunting sound. I bravely made myway to the sound and opened the door, timidly. 

When I saw what was there, my eyes widened and jaw dropped to the ground.